Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Breakfast with Buddha

PalzangPalzang Veteran
edited August 2009 in Arts & Writings
I just wanted to let everyone know about this great book I happened upon at Borders the other day when I was looking for something to read. It's called Breakfast with Buddha, by Roland Merullo. It's about a regular middle class guy, two kids, wife, reasonably well off book editor, seemingly happy, who gets roped into driving to North Dakota (to settle his dead parents' estate) with a Tuvan Rinpoche by his "flaky" sister (she reads Tarot and is "spiritual"). The resulting road trip is, like most road trip novels, more than just about driving from point A to point B. It is actually a very astute exploration of our hero's mind, guided by the strange, inscrutable (and hilariously funny) "Volvo" Rinpoche.

I love this book and highly recommend it, especially if you're still trying to figure out what Buddhism (or any other spiritual path for that matter) is all about.

Palzang

Comments

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited August 2009
    Thanks, Palzang. It looks like fun.

Great thing is that there's a couple dozen available in fine condition from such places as abebooks and amazon for less than eight dollars, including shipping. That's about the cost of a movie.

I'm looking forward to getting my copy.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2009
    Oooh! Me too! And that price can't be beat. Thanks guys! Can't wait to read it. It sounds great.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2009
    Happy reading! Let me know how you like it.

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2009
    Shall do!
  • yuriythebestyuriythebest Veteran
    edited August 2009
    hmm I can't find the ebook version anywhere:-/