Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New

edited September 2009 in Buddhism Basics
Hello everyone i AM new to Buddhism and want to know all i can about it the cans and can'ts, yes and nos, as in music t.v. clothing, sports, tattoos, food, all the important things any help is welcomed:)

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Welcome, Jweber :)
  • kennykenny Explorer
    edited September 2009
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Ckmh%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Welcome JwEbEr, for a quick response I will give you this. Be kind to people, don’t do anything that you feel is wrong or feel could be wrong, meditate, read, possibly find a teacher. As for “music, TV, clothing, sports, tattoos, food,” its really not that important right now, if later on you feel like giving some of it up or changing how you eat, well that’s your choice, its not required. Be yourself and be honest with yourself.
  • edited September 2009
    ye what up bro..

I once had a school teacher, in a school where he was the teacher of every subject. He was I think a genius like super genius..he was like... too sharp and kind..anyway

he taught me how to learn..and how to be open-minded.

I think he was a closet buddhist.i dunno anyway..these things are all you need while entering buddhism.

the more you learn, the more you will see it applying in life. also the more you learn, the more you will want to learn which will create a hunger that is useful to give you a sense of urgency and appetite for this...uhh Journey..

and then just be open-minded , you can then decided for yourself about all that do's and don'ts stuff.... if you look at the "4 truths" and the "8 path" in buddhism, you will see what rules or guidelines
    you will eventually (become) / end up following down the line..

I'm not there yet, but i think that's the destination we will get on the road to buddhism.