Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

If I win the lotto

edited August 2010 in General Banter
If I win the lotto I'm building a temple+monastery and inviting you all to come live there or visit and study/practice.

Where I will build it depends on the locations of those who are interested, I'll try to find a place in the middle... maybe in Canada like south west Ontario or southern Alberta. Or just under in the states middle America style..

I wonder which accomplished teachers I would be about to lure out of their places :p

I'm sure there are many who would see value in establishing another epic base of Buddhist operations in the middle of North America.

What would I call it? ....

THE PALZANG CENTER?:lol::lol::lol: TheFound temple? what's "thefound" in japanese or sanskrit? HEHEH "the lost and found temple" or maybe "the raining cloud temple"

I really wish this would become a reality. It would be a blessing to have a life's work, that I could pour all my heart and no-soul into.. :D

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Anybody without money and sufficiently fortunate in finding Buddhism, can build a temple of themselves and devote themselves to practice.

Your biggest challenge is to look to see how well-built a Buddhist you can be.
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited August 2010
    TheFound wrote: »
    If I win the lotto I'm building a temple+monastery and inviting you all to come live there or visit and study/practice.

Where I will build it depends on the locations of those who are interested, I'll try to find a place in the middle... maybe in Canada like south west Ontario or southern Alberta. Or just under in the states middle America style..

I wonder which accomplished teachers I would be about to lure out of their places :p

I'm sure there are many who would see value in establishing another epic base of Buddhist operations in the middle of North America.

What would I call it? ....

THE PALZANG CENTER?:lol::lol::lol: TheFound temple? what's "thefound" in japanese or sanskrit? HEHEH "the lost and found temple" or maybe "the raining cloud temple"

I really wish this would become a reality. It would be a blessing to have a life's work, that I could pour all my heart and no-soul into.. :D
    A very nice thought :D
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited August 2010
    TheFound wrote: »

Nooooo not the mid-west!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    the southwest! (cough fort worth texas /cough) not to pinpoint any locations:P