Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How to deal with the Glenn Beck types

BaileyDBaileyD Explorer
edited September 2009 in General Banter
I don't know if this fits here or not, but I'll ask anyway because I'm that type of guy.:D

I work in construction. I run into a lot of Consevatives on the job. A lot. I also run into a lot of Glenn Beck, Rush, Sean Hannity, fans in the process. Mostly Glenn Beck fans these days. People like to talk on the job site and it often turns to politics in some form or other. How does a Buddhist handle something like this? I don't follow or believe in conservative or liberal values, but to one I am the other. What would Buddha do?

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Well...

being as I'm not a fully enlightened Buddha, I can't really say what the Buddha would or would not do. Having said that, based on my own understanding of the Buddha's teachings it seems to me that the wisest course of action is to change the subject and talk about anything other then politics since doing so won't change anyone's mind even a little bit.

Engaging with such people in the work place is only going to get you branded as "one of them" [a lefty liberal commie] and will just make work that much more difficult for you.

That's my advice, hope it helps.

Gassho.:)
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited September 2009
    What aspect of the interaction do you want to handle? What do you want to get out of it?