Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Meaning

edited September 2009 in Buddhism Basics
I'm under the impression now.
That I am ultimately just nothing...an un-carved block

nothing matters, there is no meaning to life. life is an illusion.(not in a depressing way, in a liberating way)

I think the buddhas realized this and it's nirvana, but some chose to teach others, save others from existential delusion, WHY? why would they if it doesn't matter..suffering is an illusion. existing is an illusion... why would they ....why would they.........

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Why wouldn't they? Why does it matter to you?

I wouldnt say life was an illusion, the way we think of it maybe, but using the definitions of the medical establishment, I and I'm sure you, are very much alive.

What do your concerns matter if you are nothing? If you're nothing why does what you think matter so much?
    TheFound wrote: »
    WHY? why would they if it doesn't matter..suffering is an illusion. existing is an illusion... why would they ....why would they.........

Just because something is an illusion, it doesn't mean it doesn't matter to the person who experiences it. Suffering is very real when it is real to you.
  • DhammaDhatuDhammaDhatu Veteran
    edited September 2009
    TheFound wrote: »
    That I am ultimately just nothing...an un-carved block

nothing matters, there is no meaning to life. life is an illusion.(not in a depressing way, in a liberating way)

I think the buddhas realized this and it's nirvana, but some chose to teach others, save others from existential delusion, WHY? why would they if it doesn't matter..suffering is an illusion. existing is an illusion... why would they ....why would they.........
    Now you're talking brother.

Just like Buddhas, you are setting beings free.

Why do it!

If you are free, you are free to say: "This is the way to liberating freedom".

To share this does not require much effort. Simply, pointing a finger here or there.

:)
  • jinzangjinzang Veteran
    edited September 2009
    Because the flip side of seeing this is unbearable compassion for those who have not.