Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Biggest lounge on the planet

edited October 2009 in General Banter
Hi all,

Lovely comfy place this Lotus Lounge, i'm especially keen on the deep fluffy rugs near the hearth. I'm curious to know how far it extends. From my seat here in Yorkshire it looks pretty cavernous...

Could anyone help me? How many towns and nationalities are all under one roof here? Here's a start: York: England.:ukflag:

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2009
    blueface wrote: »
    Hi all,

Lovely comfy place this Lotus Lounge, i'm especially keen on the deep fluffy rugs near the hearth. I'm curious to know how far it extends. From my seat here in Yorkshire it looks pretty cavernous...

Could anyone help me? How many towns and nationalities are all under one roof here? Here's a start: York: England.:ukflag:

South and West to Gloucestershire and the glorious Cotswolds.
  • RenGalskapRenGalskap Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Springfield, Virginia, USA here. Actually, I'm closer to Lorton, but Lorton used to include the DC prison, and no one wants Lorton on their mailing address. So the developers all lobbied to be included with Springfield instead. Therefore, I live in Springfield and walk to the Lorton farmer's market every Sunday.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited October 2009
    I could take all the fun out of it and just break down our site stats by country... :D

Brian and I are in Warren, Michigan, US. ;)
  • StaticToyboxStaticToybox Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois, US. Around 80 miles or so south and west of Chicago.
  • edited October 2009
    Lincoln wrote: »
    I could take all the fun out of it and just break down our site stats by country... :D

Brian and I are in Warren, Michigan, US. ;)
    I wondered if you might have that gadget Lincoln!:type: Good to speak to people from all over. I'm quite interested in whether western countries and Eastern countries communicated together in this form. I suppose there is always the language gap to consider.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2009
    St Albans, England.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi, if you follow this link it brings you to a map where you can add a marker with your username on it. It would be neat to see where everyone lives! :)
  • BarraBarra soto zennie wandering in a cloud in beautiful, bucolic Victoria BC, on the wacky left coast of Canada Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Victoria, British Columbia, Canada - on Vancouver Island, which is bigger than all the British Isles put together. I am just south of the 49th parallel, and from where I live (though not from my window) I can look to the south to see the snow-capped Olympic mountains in Washington State, and out my window I can see - the Juan de Fuca Strait, Victoria's Inner Harbour, the Sooke Hills (with gorgeous sunsets) and over to the east, the somewhat dormant volcano - Mt Baker.

Blue - I am so happy to be able to converse with someone who actually uses the word "knackered" in a sentence!!!
  • edited October 2009
    A small town called Buckley, Washington, United States
  • edited October 2009
    Nottingham England :ukflag:
  • edited October 2009
    Barra wrote: »
    Victoria, British Columbia, Canada - on Vancouver Island, which is bigger than all the British Isles put together. I am just south of the 49th parallel, and from where I live (though not from my window) I can look to the south to see the snow-capped Olympic mountains in Washington State, and out my window I can see - the Juan de Fuca Strait, Victoria's Inner Harbour, the Sooke Hills (with gorgeous sunsets) and over to the east, the somewhat dormant volcano - Mt Baker.

Blue - I am so happy to be able to converse with someone who actually uses the word "knackered" in a sentence!!!

:lol: It's me that's knackered today though Barra...flippin well knackered.
  • edited October 2009
    sambodhi wrote: »
    Hi, if you follow this link it brings you to a map where you can add a marker with your username on it. It would be neat to see where everyone lives! :)

oh blast- my workplace blocked this gadget sambodhi. never mind put me on if you get the chance in York England...Ta:p
  • jj5jj5 Medford Lakes, N.J. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Medford Lakes, N.J. U.S.A. about 15 miles or so southeast of Philly
  • jj5jj5 Medford Lakes, N.J. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Sorry, I should have said Philadelphia for my friends over the pond.
  • edited October 2009
    oh blast- my workplace blocked this gadget sambodhi. never mind put me on if you get the chance in York England...Ta:p

You are added! :) We need to get more people on there...
  • edited October 2009
    jj5 wrote: »
    Sorry, I should have said Philadelphia for my friends over the pond.

jj5 - could you also explain U.S.A. please...

...honestly just joking :)...or am i? :eek:...yep i am.;)..
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Spokane, Washington State - USA for me.
  • edited October 2009
    Our little map is growing!! :D I added several more people:

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/sambodhi
  • edited October 2009
    Milton Keynes , England.:ukflag: Home of the concrete cows.
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Ithaca, NY
  • edited October 2009
    I'm in Sendai, Japan. That's just a couple of hours north of Tokyo.
  • edited October 2009
    fivebells wrote: »
    Ithaca, NY
    WOA!!!! I'm a little east of Syracuse! :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Halfway between Montreal and Ottawa in Ontario, Canada.
  • edited October 2009
    A small town in Galway in the West of Ireland.:D
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Beautiful downtown Poolesville, Merry-Land (which, as my teacher says, has everything you need and nothing you want)

Palzang
  • edited October 2009
    Norman, Oklahoma, U.S.A. Just south of Oklahoma City. Just north of Dibble.
  • edited October 2009
    London, UK.

• edited October 2009
    Hi all,

Im afraid im not that far away in an exotic land, Lol. Im near you, Yorkshire, England :ukflag:
  • edited October 2009
    Malaysia....petronas-malaysia1.jpg