Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Holly

edited November 2009 in General Banter
Just a little story i thought id share with you :o
I was visiting a local pet-store last december, to buy treats for my hamster Katie. At the back of the store was a section for unwanted pets, left there in the hope of being adopted, like a second chance for a life. Usually these pets are healthy, just not wanted for reasons like too big etc. and are taken by someone.
Behind a little glass screen, i saw a beautiful chestnut and white baby hamster. I said to my friend "she won't be here long, she's lovely, someone will take her!"
What i didn't know was that she only had one eye. She was blind on the right side as her eye had fallen out (she'd had a scratch during a fight for the warm spot with the other babies) So she had one eye, and one empty little socket.
She had been taken there as she wasn't 'perfect'. Her owner didn't want her, but neither did anyone else. Maybe they thought thier children would be frightened, i dont know, but she had been there for nearly two months, and there had been no interest in her.
I guess you know what im going to say, i couldnt leave her. I knew no-one else was going to give her a chance. So, there she was in a little box under my arm, coming home with me. What would Katie say?!!!
I figured even if she could never be tamed, or handled, i would still lokk after her. Just because she wasn't 'perfectly pretty' she still deserved a little life!
As it happens, i did tame her, and she's the funniest, naughtiest little character of any of my hamsters ive ever had! I named her Holly.
I love her so much and she's one of the best things that has ever happened to me :o
4.jpg

Comments