Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Influx of new people

edited November 2009 in General Banter
I've got to say, I'm really enjoying the influx of new people! It's refreshing to log in and see anywhere between 10 and 20 new posts! Yay!

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, it's great isn't it? :)
  • edited October 2009
    Brigid wrote: »
    Yeah, it's great isn't it? :)

Some of it is hit or miss. :cool:

~nomad
  • BarraBarra soto zennie wandering in a cloud in beautiful, bucolic Victoria BC, on the wacky left coast of Canada Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Oh, come on, nomad. Take the good with the bad.

Your remind me of my friend, who I had directed to the site. He said there seem to be a lot of beginners on here (and then he admitted that some of the posts sound a lot like what he would say! ;-)

What I like is that there are several levels on here, and you can choose the level that you want to be challenged at......

Pieta
  • edited October 2009
    *sighs* :sadc:
  • edited October 2009
    Barra wrote: »
    Oh, come on, nomad. Take the good with the bad.

Your remind me of my friend, who I had directed to the site. He said there seem to be a lot of beginners on here (and then he admitted that some of the posts sound a lot like what he would say! ;-)

What I like is that there are several levels on here, and you can choose the level that you want to be challenged at......

Pieta

I think I missed something. :scratch:

~nomad
  • BarraBarra soto zennie wandering in a cloud in beautiful, bucolic Victoria BC, on the wacky left coast of Canada Veteran
    edited October 2009
    nomad wrote: »
    Some of it is hit or miss. :cool:

~nomad

Its sounds like you are saying that some of the new posts are a "hit" and others are a "miss". Sounds like you would happily miss some of the new posts......
    - or did you mean something different????
  • edited November 2009
    Barra wrote: »
    Its sounds like you are saying that some of the new posts are a "hit" and others are a "miss". Sounds like you would happily miss some of the new posts......
    - or did you mean something different????

That’s right. I would happily miss some of the new posts. To say otherwise would be dishonest to myself and the rest of the group.

~nomad
  • edited November 2009
    nomad wrote: »
    That’s right. I would happily miss some of the new posts. To say otherwise would be dishonest to myself and the rest of the group.

~nomad

Now I am a paranoid new poster.

Is there something in particular that you find obnoxious?
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited November 2009
    You're safe, Lyssa. Most of the really annoying stuff has been some kind of posturing religiosity. (Speaking for myself, it's welcome, too. But still annoying. :))
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited November 2009
    Lyssa wrote: »
    Now I am a paranoid new poster.
    The self-conscious and the annoying almost never overlap! :D Then again I'm just enjoying the newcomers all around.
  • edited November 2009
    I think some of us hame migrated from "Buddhism without Boundaries" which closed over the weekend.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited November 2009
    I'm a bit sad about the closing of Buddhism Without Borders. I hope everyone comes here because they had so many great posters. It was a lovely site and I'm missing it even though I only went there a few times.
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah I loved it there :) But I am sure we can generate some good energy here. Basic Buddhism, innit. All things arise and pass away :)
  • edited November 2009
    Buddhism without Boundaries closed? Why? What is happening to all of these online sanghas??

~nomad
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2009
    I was a member, but as a Mod on three forums, and a busy hectic schedule (working days and evenings) and a particularly hectic time at the moment, I don't have time to post on every forum I belong to....
    I'm a member on Dhammawheel, too, and on A view to Buddhism - I hardly get a chance to go on either of those, too..... :(

I'm sorry it's closed, but these things happen...Impermanence, i think they call it.
    Even the Buddha's Sangha is turning its wheel.
  • edited November 2009
    federica wrote: »
    I was a member, but as a Mod on three forums, and a busy hectic schedule (working days and evenings) and a particularly hectic time at the moment, I don't have time to post on every forum I belong to....
    I'm a member on Dhammawheel, too, and on A view to Buddhism - I hardly get a chance to go on either of those, too..... :(

I'm sorry it's closed, but these things happen...Impermanence, i think they call it.
    Even the Buddha's Sangha is turning its wheel.

No more of your excuses, Fed!!!! :cool:

In all honesty though, some of the other online sanghas can be very hard to contribute to. It's nice to have NB alive and kicking. :)

~nomad
  • edited November 2009
    :cheer: