Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Information about this sangha please!

edited November 2009 in Buddhism Basics
Hi all, I'm looking into joining a UK based section of the Community of Interbeing Sangha that follows the approach of Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh based at plum Village in France. Please give me any information/experiences you think appropriate before i approach this group. I have had near misses before:eek:

Comments

• edited October 2009
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Thich Nhat Han is a widely respected and loved Vietnamese Buddhist teacher. He writes great books. I don't think you have to worry about that group, although like any Buddhist sangha, you really have to go there and see if it's for you or not.

Palzang
  • edited October 2009
    kaya wrote: »

Thanks Kaya- i have managed to read a bit up on the group at Plum Village now and am reading one of Thich's books...
  • edited October 2009
    Palzang wrote: »
    Thich Nhat Han is a widely respected and loved Vietnamese Buddhist teacher. He writes great books. I don't think you have to worry about that group, although like any Buddhist sangha, you really have to go there and see if it's for you or not.

Palzang

Thanks so much Palzang

a word of support from a long standing poster is really helpful! I have come close to joing 'buddhist' groups i later found out were a little 'shady'. So though i believe he is widely respected I thought it wise to hear what my e-sangha friends had to say. A great objective tool! thanks again :tonguec:
  • edited October 2009
    Blueface, hope it turns out well for you :)
  • edited October 2009
    thankyou Kaya...haven't had a response to the emails i've sent them yet. I may have to get an idea of what alternative similar sanghas are around in the UK...i suppose since he is a Zen practitioner that's what i'd be looking for...
  • edited November 2009
    You're welcome Blueface.