Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

2012 The Movie

The "teaser" to this armagaeddon movie starts with a Tibetan monk fearfully running from a wave washing over the Himalayas. Isn't it interesting, the film makers found it necessary to make it that Tibetan Buddhism should be the first thing to go in the Apocalypse; as if something so significant would not be known be the many Buddhas.

Hollywood, you are truly pathetic.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    It's just a movie. :)

~nomad
  • ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited November 2009
    That's only one of many trailers. Other ones, earlier ones, don't include any scenes with Tibetan monks at all. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKbEI8pDz0A

And I don't find it offensive at all and think it's actually a really powerful trailer...... I think you need to look at it again.
  • edited November 2009
    That's only one of many trailers. Other ones, earlier ones, don't include any scenes with Tibetan monks at all. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKbEI8pDz0A

And I don't find it offensive at all and think it's actually a really powerful trailer...... I think you need to look at it again.

Thanks....I've seen all the trailers and powerful? Yes...a powerful way to delude and confuse people from other issues, such as who really orchestrated 9/11....Heavens, the trailer ends with "search '2012' [in your internet search engine] - discover the truth". Right. The truth. A whole bunch of old cobblers. They even started a website sweepstake that you could enter to see if you would be chosen to survive the apocalypse of 2012, and sure enough, plenty of people believed it was real.

And to cap off the whole despicable show they try and make out that when the end of the world comes, the most enlightened ones - i.e. Tibetan monks - will be the FIRST to go. Because the Western pysche is so confused and terrified about samsara and in the depths of the consciousness there is the knowledge that Buddhism and Tibetan Buddhism particularly is the way of salvation but because the modern Western consciousness is so generally dislocated from that salvation it comes up with scenarios where Tibetan Buddhism is the first to be wiped off the face of the Earth, and the Western, American dream is left to pick up the pieces - hence the closing clip of the trailer with the words "John F. Kennedy" scrawled in large letters (interestingly, another subconscious touch from the film makers, reflecting guilt about the murder of same and the continuing evil perpetrated by the same murderers up through the aforementioned 9/11).

Haha....And you say I need to look at it again. Believe me, I have looked at it, and seen right through it.
  • ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited November 2009
    Yes...a powerful way to delude and confuse people from other issues, such as who really orchestrated 9/11....Heavens, the trailer ends with "search '2012' [in your internet search engine] - discover the truth".

Lol wut? :wtf: Methinks you're taking things a bit too seriously. This is simply a movie, made to entertain. They created a viral marketing campaign, because viral marketing is incredibly effective. The same has been done with many movies.

I DO think they took this one a bit too far initially, in that there was no indication in the very first trailers to suggest that it was for a movie, and it was placed on channels such as History and Discovery. I admittedly thought it was a real ad, a real ad for another cult-like organization trying to scam people. Unfortunately some people truly believe in 2012 and it played off their fears...

But trying to distract people from the truth of 9/11 and the like... lol come on now. :|
    And to cap off the whole despicable show they try and make out that when the end of the world comes, the most enlightened ones - i.e. Tibetan monks - will be the FIRST to go. Because the Western pysche is so confused and terrified about samsara and in the depths of the consciousness there is the knowledge that Buddhism and Tibetan Buddhism particularly is the way of salvation but because the modern Western consciousness is so generally dislocated from that salvation it comes up with scenarios where Tibetan Buddhism is the first to be wiped off the face of the Earth, and the Western, American dream is left to pick up the pieces - hence the closing clip of the trailer with the words "John F. Kennedy" scrawled in large letters (interestingly, another subconscious touch from the film makers, reflecting guilt about the murder of same and the continuing evil perpetrated by the same murderers up through the aforementioned 9/11).

o.o

tinfoilhatarea.jpg

The movie itself, I believe, begins with the destruction of Los Angeles. Those who realized the end of the world was coming chose to develop the "space ark" under the Himalayas. Oh, and, did I mention that it was just a movie? So, erm... relax. o.o
  • edited November 2009
    But trying to distract people from the truth of 9/11 and the like... lol come on now. :|

So how do you explain the stark reference to John F. Kennedy as the denoument of the trailer?

All I'm saying is:
    1. the "teaser" starts with the image of Tibetan Buddhism getting literally washed away; that image is quite explicit and played out in some detail, particularly the fear on the monk's face; no other single character in the trailers is so distincively portrayed, nor portrayed with such explicit fear, and implicit helplessness; make of that what you will.
    2. the trailer ends with an explicit reference to John F. Kennedy.

My conclusion is that there is a subconscious impulse by the movie makers to symbolise the eradication of Tibetan Buddhism from the world before the new, post-apocalyptic age dawns; and that there is also a subconscious guilt about the course of American history from the assassination of John F. Kennedy, which I totally believe was done by the CIA, Republicans, and big business and the like, down to the second Bush administration who along with the former I also am utterly convinced were behind 9/11. It is almost as if with the armagaeddon portrayed in the movie, it symbolizes also the washing away of the mistakes/evils of the groups who were, according to my understanding, behind JFK's assassination and also 9/11, among many other incidents. So, perhaps to say "as a distraction from the truth of 9/11" is not quite right; but its something like that.

I'm certainly not saying, as others have suggested, that Larry Silverstein, Donald "Rummy" Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, Henry Ford, Preston Bush, Henry Kissinger, Ariel Sharon et al, are 4-dimensional, shape-shifting reptilian aliens - I certainly don't subscribe to such lunatic beliefs. However, I firmly subscribe to the belief that there is more, much, much more to everyday events and images than meets the eye.

Just flinging some ideas around. Simple as that - make of it what you will.
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited November 2009
    That is a very..... interesting..... narrative structure you have in your mind. Kind of a "big picture".

Why do you give me the willies? :o
  • ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited November 2009
    I certainly don't subscribe to such lunatic beliefs.

No of course not. :buck:
  • edited November 2009
    It's a Hollywood movie and I'm excited to watch it for entertainment purposes. Of course they are going to try to create hype for the movie by telling people to Google "2012" to find the truth.

Anyone can see through it...
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited November 2009
    Not another Doomsday movie! God, Hollywood is so pathetic. Where would they be without Y2K, asteroids, aliens, burning skyscrapers, earthquakes, flipping ocean liners, and every other sort of paranoia-inducing fear they can instill in the population in the name of "entertainment"? That's why I don't do business with them anymore. And while it may be that anyone with a brain can see through them, that still leaves a lot of people out in the dark! Like almost everybody...

Indies for me!

Palzang
  • StaticToyboxStaticToybox Veteran
    edited November 2009
    Ugh, and we still have another 3 years to go before the current doomsday scare proves to be nothing at all.
  • ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited November 2009
    And while it may be that anyone with a brain can see through them, that still leaves a lot of people out in the dark! Like almost everybody...

Lmao... well, touche. If you Google this, there were plenty of people who thought it was real and signed up for the lottery in order to save their lives. I mean, there was a big Sony Media logo on the page, and a disclaimer that explained it was a newsletter sign-up, and yet... icon_lol.gif
  • edited November 2009
    Takeahnase wrote: »
    Ugh, and we still have another 3 years to go before the current doomsday scare proves to be nothing at all.

I found it funny when speaking to a Mayan friend of mine the other day (2012 based on the fact that the Mayan calendar ends then) and she told me "well your calendar ends on December 31st every year and it doesn't mean the world is ending." I thought that to be quite humorous.
  • edited November 2009
    lol ..maybe they just put tibetans to show how FAR reaching and widespread this...."E.L.E." is....to me, in my mind tibetans are the FARTHEST people away from me..physically...u know i picture them in unreachable mountain areas at the EDGE of the world type thing... to me feel like isolated and faaar faarr away....from anything that affects us..so maybe they just want to show that no one, even the farthest hidden lamas are safe...and that no spiritual practice will save you from a physical extinction level event.
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited November 2009
    I can just see the meeting when these filmakers said.. Hey why dont we see if we can blow up the WHOLE world this time . Yaaaah.

It kinda looks like fun.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited November 2009
    I heard a Mayan scholar on the radio one day talking about this bogus scare, and he pointed out that the Mayans used many calendars, some of which ended in less than a year (for planting and such). This particular "calendar" wasn't even really a calendar as we think of it, just a laying out of the whole cycle they followed. The "calendar" ended when the cycle ended, just as it has done again and again throughout the history of the world. Then it would just start up again. Unfortunately their civilization didn't survive long enough to print new ones!

It is quite interesting that the Mayan "calendar" fits precisely with the 26,000 year (actually not quite 26,000 years) precessional cycle. They were amazing astronomers. We didn't catch onto the cycle until much later in our history. Precession is like the wobble of a top where the earth's axis describes a slow circle in the sky, altering the apparent location of the constellations in the sky. Orion has been rising above the horizon slowly for the last 13,000 years (half a cycle), but in 2012 he will begin moving back down towards the horizon. Very interesting! A lot of Egyptian stuff bound up in the same cycle. The ancients were very clever people!

Palzang
  • edited November 2009
    Personally, I'm looking forward to the year 2012. It will undoubtedly be a very different world. :3
  • edited April 2010
    I can just see the meeting when these filmakers said.. Hey why dont we see if we can blow up the WHOLE world this time . Yaaaah.

It kinda looks like fun.

Already done in the 70's. Remember Planet of the Apes??? The missile that blows up the world. I thought it was very ironic that the filmmakers put the ALPHA AND OMEGA on the missile....a very pointed jab at the Christian view of Armageddon and the Messiah.

*exits stage left* :lol: