Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What Is The Journey Of The Mind?

edited December 2009 in Arts & Writings
I found these writings on the web and strangely, I had deep feelings. At first I looked like something you do not understand with the mind but then read calmly and slowly I felt transported inside. I started reading the chapter on "What Is The Journey Of The Mind?" continuing quietly with the others.
I'll suggest:

"All the apparently separate minds tend to the Universal mind; how do they do this, if not through the creation of a reality which does not correspond to the thought of the subject or to the thought of the object? An idea, concept or thought of Reality, cannot be Reality; it is only the attempt of a system that, by investigating Reality through go-betweens (the five senses plus the brain) proposes a new event, thought, then another event, the word, then another event, listening, then another event, comprehension, then re-elaboration within the listener. And so on...
Where is Reality? Certainly, it lies in the innumerable paths which are illusory yet seem real.
The life of sentient beings in the world appears interspersed by an indescribable quantity of errors: hatred, wars, separations of all kinds. What is right in one part of the world is wrong in another. Who is right? Those who win wars by killing. And yet this is the Way of the Universal mind.
Can this be considered wrong? Can this be considered right? Could the foolishness of this schizophrenia be wisdom? Who can say, since at the same moment in which you are reading this, you are contructing a unique reality within yourself, because in your profundity, in your mind, you are alone...with yourself.
Maybe, to some, wisdom is foolishness.
Maybe, for others, foolishness is wisdom."

http://www.uselesswords.org/contStd.asp?lang=en&idPag=414

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I found these writings on the web and strangely, I had deep feelings. At first I looked like something you do not understand with the mind but then read calmly and slowly I felt transported inside. I started reading the chapter on "What Is The Journey Of The Mind?" continuing quietly with the others.
    I'll suggest:

"All the apparently separate minds tend to the Universal mind; how do they do this, if not through the creation of a reality which does not correspond to the thought of the subject or to the thought of the object? An idea, concept or thought of Reality, cannot be Reality; it is only the attempt of a system that, by investigating Reality through go-betweens (the five senses plus the brain) proposes a new event, thought, then another event, the word, then another event, listening, then another event, comprehension, then re-elaboration within the listener. And so on...
    Where is Reality? Certainly, it lies in the innumerable paths which are illusory yet seem real.
    The life of sentient beings in the world appears interspersed by an indescribable quantity of errors: hatred, wars, separations of all kinds. What is right in one part of the world is wrong in another. Who is right? Those who win wars by killing. And yet this is the Way of the Universal mind.
    Can this be considered wrong? Can this be considered right? Could the foolishness of this schizophrenia be wisdom? Who can say, since at the same moment in which you are reading this, you are contructing a unique reality within yourself, because in your profundity, in your mind, you are alone...with yourself.
    Maybe, to some, wisdom is foolishness.
    Maybe, for others, foolishness is wisdom."

http://www.paroleinutili.it/contStd.asp?lang=en&idPag=414
    So,it's a very interesting site,but a little difficult for me...perhaps is a new kind of vision about the world of psychology,religion and mind....I'm started by few years in this motive and i have many doubt about,for example,karma...what do you think about this?I hope to prepare me better for more important questions...cheers:winkc:
  • edited November 2009
    I just had a discussion along these lines with my shrink this morning. Whatever it is that inhabits the body typing this post is becoming increasingly confused and quite unsettled.
  • edited November 2009
    Max H wrote: »
    I just had a discussion along these lines with my shrink this morning. Whatever it is that inhabits the body typing this post is becoming increasingly confused and quite unsettled.

This site should be read in a certain way, with an empty mind and heart open! The strange feeling that there would be is to perceive the meaning between the lines of a reality deeper than the superficial appearances of words can not give away.
    Ancient teachings explained by "useless words," for those who can use words like an ancient Zen master ruthless!
  • edited November 2009
    ronin47 wrote: »
    So,it's a very interesting site,but a little difficult for me...perhaps is a new kind of vision about the world of psychology,religion and mind....I'm started by few years in this motive and i have many doubt about,for example,karma...what do you think about this?I hope to prepare me better for more important questions...cheers:winkc:

I hope you have an empty mind and an open heart and know how to read these things. I have not written myself, but what I read here I had never really read and tunes emravigliosamente with my conscience and knowledge. You can read the karma, of course, like everything else that is inner search point of view but from a firm where the ancient knowledge with modern ones and scientists.

And 'all new but incredibly old, and everything in continuous training ...

http://www.uselesswords.org/contStd.asp?lang=en&idPag=418
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2009
    You can read the karma, of course, like everything else that is inner search point of view but from a firm where the ancient knowledge with modern ones and scientists.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    Read what 'karma'?
    What are you referring to?

You are either translating from a foreign language, or English is not your mother tongue.
    What you're saying is not intelligible.
  • edited November 2009
    federica wrote: »
    This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    Read what 'karma'?
    What are you referring to?

There is a union between the ancient philosophical knowledge and modern scientific discoveries.
    E 'possible to find these readings in the key of this union. Thus, for example for the meaning of Karma (a term used in antiquity to describe a law of cause and effect) you can get a description and a different vision that could help in understanding this concept in a more modern and evolutionary.
    I hope that is now clearer :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2009
    To be honest with you, it's such a mish-mash of creative writing, supposition, interpretation and psycho-babble, that reading more than three sentences is confusing, distracting and frankly, meaningless.

The site seems to be the wild ramblings of someone who has taken a pinch of this, a cup of that, an occasional smattering from something else, and muddled them all up to make it look new, exciting and interesting.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Buddha's suttas, and he explains things from a point of origin which is more than adequate - and has been for millennia- for me and many others.
    If you want worthwhile reading, go back to basics.
    if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Frankly, I just like my eggs boiled.
  • edited November 2009
    Max H wrote: »
    This site is difficult but,i think,very interesting;there are many interactions with other studies as mathematics and phisics...
    increased and the attempt 'to get us to the Absolute and that 'within each of us;the secret is read very slowly and,sometime, return back...
    Cheers!:rolleyes:
  • edited November 2009
    To be honest with you, it's such a mish-mash of creative writing, supposition, interpretation and psycho-babble, that reading more than three sentences is confusing, distracting and frankly, meaningless.

The site seems to be the wild ramblings of someone who has taken a pinch of this, a cup of that, an occasional smattering from something else, and muddled them all up to make it look new, exciting and interesting.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Buddha's suttas, and he explains things from a point of origin which is more than adequate - and has been for millennia- for me and many others.
    If you want worthwhile reading, go back to basics.
    if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Frankly, I just like my eggs boiled.
    Dear Federica,
    The mind can 'be very dangerous and deceptive, we should all try to do the famous dive inward to discover the absolute and' inside us and not how the mind deceives us and we should make the effort to pass mind to something more 'deep and' inside us but that and 'tarnished mirror as dirt.Cheers!:rolleyes:
  • edited November 2009
    This makes sense if you say you use the mind reading! Not a discourse on the mind this, but the site should read, trying not to use your mind and then you feel like this thing forward. It's called "Useless Words" (Useless Words) because the words make you understand mentally but not inside when you hear "useful". When the words will seem "useless" and apparently you can not find a way that is only mental, then you are entering more into you. But we must know and be able to do ...
    Observe this chart and try to read the explanation on the site slowly, without force and without using too much mind.

on_boundary_non_boundary.gif
    Fig.2

http://www.uselesswords.org/contStd.asp?lang=en&idPag=427
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited November 2009
    Huh?
    edited November 2009
    "Huh?" indeed....
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks it's a bunch of pointless hooey...

IT.
    MAKES.
    NO.
    SENSE.

Really.
    Honestly.
    To a cognitive, fluent English-speaking person, there are too many words saying too little.

Maybe in Italian it makes more sense, but I tried translating it back, and frankly?

*Non e il caso.
    Pure in Italiano, dice un bel niente.*

(*There's no point. Even in Italian, it says nothing.*)
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2009

*Non e il caso.
    Pure in Italiano, dice un bel niente.*

(*There's no point. Even in Italian, it says nothing.*)

Oh, the story of my life! I thought I was beginning to unravel a great mystery.

Girl, love makes all right in the end, so not to worry!
    edited November 2009
    Aaaaw...It's been aeons since anyone called me a girl......! :lol:
  • edited November 2009
    I believe that the absolute exists forever and can not be fenced in any field. All of us are a tiny bit of the absolute; our purposes, I think, is to evolve to improve ourselves and help others.:)
    edited November 2009
    I believe that the absolute exists forever and can not be fenced in any field. All of us are a tiny bit of the absolute; our purposes, I think, is to evolve to improve ourselves and help others.:)

Define 'absolute'.
  • edited November 2009
    I intend the Absolute as God, Odin, the Prophet, and all names that have given him all the religions of the world, but in the end and 'always the same and unique.Cheers!;)
  • edited November 2009
    IT.
    MAKES.
    NO.
    SENSE.

Really.
    Honestly.
    To a cognitive, fluent English-speaking person, there are too many words saying too little.

The meaning is not in the perception of the mind that tries to understand something, but it is in deep feeling you get when you read with your mind! The fact that you can not make sense is normal because you read your mind, because these words are not useful (to mind), but unnecessary for the mind ... But only for the mind ...

For example, try to dwell on the drawings that are not for the mind, ... (example)

ontheparadisewithin.gif
    Fig.1

Our inner being is both seizable and unseizable, we have a conscious and unconscious mind, which are intermingled, which at times can be examined. We have a conscious and lucid intellect, one which is even more lucid and intuitive (figure 1), which acts suddenly without warning (the light that identifies science in the darkness).

http://www.uselesswords.org/contStd.asp?lang=en&idPag=416
  • edited November 2009
    The meaning is not in the perception of the mind that tries to understand something, but it is in deep feeling you get when you read with your mind! The fact that you can not make sense is normal because you read your mind, because these words are not useful (to mind), but unnecessary for the mind ... But only for the mind ...

For example, try to dwell on the drawings that are not for the mind, ... (example)

ontheparadisewithin.gif
    Fig.1

Our inner being is both seizable and unseizable, we have a conscious and unconscious mind, which are intermingled, which at times can be examined. We have a conscious and lucid intellect, one which is even more lucid and intuitive (figure 1), which acts suddenly without warning (the light that identifies science in the darkness).

I simply think that in this world people's minds diverted from religious, political, and economic interests of a few important men's.Exist materials from which, it seems, people can not break free: what would be the best solution for improving this problem?:)
    edited November 2009
    I intend the Absolute as God, Odin, the Prophet, and all names that have given him all the religions of the world, but in the end and 'always the same and unique.Cheers!;)

Oh, I see.
    Fiction.
    I guessed as much.
    edited November 2009
    I simply think that in this world people's minds diverted from religious, political, and economic interests of a few important men's.Exist materials from which, it seems, people can not break free: what would be the best solution for improving this problem?:)
    Don't ask him.
    he doesn't address 'practical'.
    His one aim is to talk incessantly and promote his own website.

Do you understand any of it?
    edited November 2009

ontheparadisewithin.gif
    Fig.1

If you were to post a blank post, that would make sense.
    But trying to make sense of useless words, by adding more useless words, and a little pointless diagram (with more useless words) for good measure, and then saying 'see it with the deep mind and not the mind' or some such nonsense, just makes more no sense.

Blah blah blah makes more sense......:)
  • edited November 2009
    If you were to post a blank post, that would make sense.
    But trying to make sense of useless words, by adding more useless words, and a little pointless diagram (with more useless words) for good measure, and then saying 'see it with the deep mind and not the mind' or some such nonsense, just makes more no sense.

Blah blah blah makes more sense......:)

The time for talk is over because now profits have become impediment in the mind. Needless words are destructive to the mind and are useful beyond words. But we need to know how to say ... I am just a simple observation that suggests this site found on the Internet that he considers interesting and important for the development and realization of being, that's all.

The conscious and unconscious reality of being are the being needs to know to learn how it's done, and even the existence of an intellect that is experienced in meditation. You can not exclude these things or the fact that there might be someone who has experience and wants to propose to others.

I think in a more constructive discourse deepen first and then see what is included. I have nothing against anyone, but if I live and the things I consider important for others. Similarly the teachings of the Buddha, which I studied and I think right but then deflected in time and interpretation.

:)
  • edited November 2009
    The time for talk is over because now profits have become impediment in the mind. Needless words are destructive to the mind and are useful beyond words. But we need to know how to say ... I am just a simple observation that suggests this site found on the Internet that he considers interesting and important for the development and realization of being, that's all.

The conscious and unconscious reality of being are the being needs to know to learn how it's done, and even the existence of an intellect that is experienced in meditation. You can not exclude these things or the fact that there might be someone who has experience and wants to propose to others.

I think in a more constructive discourse deepen first and then see what is included. I have nothing against anyone, but if I live and the things I consider important for others. Similarly the teachings of the Buddha, which I studied and I think right but then deflected in time and interpretation.

The mind and 'only one state of consciousness through being: the famous Tibetan Book of the Dead that, emphasizing that the moment of death and' very powerful, and is in fact 'our best' big chance risveglio.Nel die you create a space where the mind and 'potentially much more' free than usual, and it proves the possibility 'of changing the programs of different life-cycle.:)
  • edited November 2009

Recently a little bird carrying a baguette crumbs, blocked the Cern in Geneva who is seeking the Higgs boson does not exist: in the same period, met the FAO in Rome, which should deal with hunger (baguette. ..) is not accomplished anything, as usual .. Do not see the message details?Cheers!:)
  • edited November 2009
    Recently a little bird carrying a baguette crumbs, blocked the Cern in Geneva who is seeking the Higgs boson does not exist: in the same period, met the FAO in Rome, which should deal with hunger (baguette. ..) is not accomplished anything, as usual .. Do not see the message details?Cheers!:)

How to interpret the Law of Acasualità event of the Absolute? The crumb of a bird can stop a monster unnecessary and costly? Is it not better that the hungry can eat first? There is a subtle and profound teaching behind it?

:eek:
  • edited December 2009
    How to interpret the Law of Acasualità event of the Absolute? The crumb of a bird can stop a monster unnecessary and costly? Is it not better that the hungry can eat first? There is a subtle and profound teaching behind it?

I think this episode is completely random, and reveals a very deep message of the Absolute, the world needs to be less selfish and think more 'to the next, his performance seems contrary to life: over 6 billion people, 1 billion dying of hunger and the numbers increase every year while the organizations should employ this matter will be enriched ...:)
  • edited December 2009

In ancient times in China, said there was still respected: all that and 'set to rise and' set to decrease and the opposite ...:)
  • edited December 2009
    In ancient times in China, said there was still respected: all that and 'set to rise and' set to decrease and the opposite ...:)

I think that is so today, and will happen in the world!
  • edited December 2009
    I think that is so today, and will happen in the world!

Abandoned to the Father! You're Him All we are created "in His image and likeness." How can we not understand God, if they are part? E 'and not a divine plan that causes the apparent injustice and all for the overall evolution of humanity.:)
    edited December 2009
    As this is a discourse that has merely become a discussion between 2 people,
    I'm closing the thread, because it's pointless having a two-way conversation, when e-mails and PMs will do just as well.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.