Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

something imortant I think.

edited November 2009 in Buddhism Basics
Okay guys I just realized about 3 or 4 different ways..
that...

Maintaining ...Buddhism...OR..
rather..... Maintaining a Buddhist intelligence "PRE-SET'' ;

Is important!!!.. :eek:

I just got a new job, a new girl, a new possible future, a new set of FEARS.. all at once...

During all this.. I was and am, SOOOO stressed out that I forget/forgot EVERYTHING that I've learned (Buddhism etc)...

ALL my regular fears have kicked back into place or resurfaced...
all my EGO...etc
all my coping mechanisms...have resurfaced...
the only difference is...now I'm aware of THAT...

It only takes the slightest things to fall back into old habits...:eek:.

IN THEORY ....ok...... I AM past ALL fear ...ALL ego...ALL SUFFERING..

But what really matters, is that in PRACTICE...or rather IN these situational scenarios...it's important that I REMEMBER.
I suffer so bad...I hate, am nervous, am tired , am a bunch of things,
Until I "remember"!

It's such a hard-core lesson!!!
I want you all to read and re-read what I'm saying..make it a sticky if you have to...

What's important is that you remember what you have learned from Buddhism. And apply it skillfully!!! for me if I can pull this off there is no greater satisfaction..no greater glory...

I never knew there was such a LINE....
and how great a chasm it was...
between knowing something philosophically
and DOING something....Physically...Mentally...
In real life...It's gross...
I would dare say...

I KNOW NOTHING...ABOUT BUDDHISM NOW.....even though I've read and understood everything there is to know.. in theoretic or philosophic ...lets say 96% of the material...

in 'REAL'

I'm only at "0.01%"

and that just fkin BLOWS MY MIND wide open..:lol::lol:

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Great post! I absolutely agree. I have the same tendency to forget about what I've learned and slip back into old, unhealthy habits at the worst times.

Especially when I start letting my meditation practice slip!

But, yeah, it really feels nice when, amidst all the stress and the worries, you remember to apply the dharma, and everything gets put back into perspective.

A nice dose of Buddha medication does wonders.
  • edited November 2009
    sometimes it takes a sharp knock to the forehead to bring us back to the moment.
  • edited November 2009
    It makes sense. I'm glad you know this.
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited November 2009
    Yep, carrying it over into everyday life is the hardest, most important part. The work's not done until you can rest in naked awareness during an hour of waterboarding. :)