Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Singer needs a stage name!

edited November 2009 in Arts & Writings
That's me in the Dylan sunglasses...

I have been a songwriter for ages and would like a more interesting name than my boring one :) I have been banned from calling myself blueface (which i like) by my wife. You see we are in a duo called 'Blue bear' and its too close (we're clearly obsessed by my dog blue!)

I would like to practise mindful music - being in each moment i am performing - so i thought a single word name suggesting 'mindful singer' or 'mindful musician' or something like that would be good. I think it would be fun if it were in sanskrit, pali or another language mindfulness concepts were originally set down in. Anyone fluent??? Japanese or Vietnamese might fit with my Zen stuff too.

ps please don't take advantage of me and suggest a word that really means something like 'muppet' or 'numbskull' or some such thing...that would make me suffer you know.:mullet:

Comments

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited November 2009
    What's wrong with "muppet"? :(

[action=Lincoln]puts away his Electric Mayhem t-shirt[/action]
  • RenGalskapRenGalskap Veteran
    edited November 2009
    MC Mindful & Da Dharma Dawg
  • edited November 2009
    Cant think of one offhand but.. maybe you might suddenly become inspired . A friend of mine plays guitar in a group, they spent weeks mulling over appropriate and memorable names until over a 'few' beers one night the lead singer jumped up and held his hat out. It was an old battered leather hat which he was never without. 'I know lets call ourselves Leatherat' which they did..

Seems to have worked for them !!!
  • edited November 2009
    mmmm maybe beaker would be quite good...

I've been pondering calling myself 'Mo' short for 'Moment' - get it? In the moment? Ah well...
  • edited November 2009
    oh and a funny thing happened the other night. I looked up the Vietnamese for Mindful musician (as you do) and it came up with some words - they didn't sound right so I thought i might try an anagram of them. Half way home i came up with 'I MC Satan'. What's going on there!!! Freaky...
  • edited November 2009
    blueface wrote: »
    oh and a funny thing happened the other night. I looked up the Vietnamese for Mindful musician (as you do) and it came up with some words - they didn't sound right so I thought i might try an anagram of them. Half way home i came up with 'I MC Satan'. What's going on there!!! Freaky...

MC Satan......now thats coooool!:D
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited November 2009
    satan is an anagram of santa....now that's freaky.
  • edited November 2009
    Xrayman wrote: »

oh yeh..:rolleyes: even more cool :D
    edited November 2009
    Xrayman wrote: »
    Here comes the straight line:
    Don't mention that. It violates the santa clause in the Forum Rules.

Waiting for the punch line...
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited November 2009
    RenGalskap wrote: »
    I thought that was the punchline...
  • edited November 2009
    stage name:

for a band, id say "house on fire"

for a single singer,

"Annica" or "anatta" or "sunyata" etc etc etc

maybe add a "duhka" as a prefix to those:cool:
  • edited November 2009
    RenGalskap wrote: »
    Here comes the straight line:

Waiting for the punch line...

I have santa reply because I am not sure which clause of the rules this is mentioned in?
    edited November 2009
    Sigh. Que Chico Marx:
    "You no-a fool me. There is no santa clause!"
  • edited November 2009
    thanks for those ideas the found