Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Any Pure Land practioners?

edited December 2009 in Philosophy
Hi!
I am not sure where to post this, so here goes:
- Is there any PureLand buddhists here?
- Would you like to share true storys about sucessful cases of rebirth on Sukhavati? I tried to make a collection of cases on other forum but the site was disabled/hacked/whatever, so i lost what i had started on a thread.

Be welcome to speak.

:-)
Namo Amituofo!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I have a book that I think is on pure land Buddhism. It does say to repeat "amituofo" nine times a different times of the day if you odn't have time to recie sutras and other stings.
    But that's all I know.

Namo Amituofo!
  • edited December 2009
    Hey,

I have read some about the pure land school but don't practice myself... I am always curious though... what practices do you do? Do you meditate or mainly focus on reciting the (is it?) Nembutsu?? How long have you been practicing? Have you experience with any other schools of Buddhism and if so how does it compare? Sangha or solo? I like the teachings I have read because it basically reminds me of my 12 step program (higher power)... but I struggle to understand how it fits into the original Pali Teachings???

Metta,

Clayton