Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What is unbound?

RichardHRichardH Veteran
edited November 2009 in Meditation
Since there is no entity or essence to be unbound, what gains release?

(this may be vehicle sensitive)

Comments

• fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited November 2009
    Mental fabrications attain release on dissolution.
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited November 2009
    Poetically speaking maybe one can say... instead of a prisoner being released from a prison, it is a prison being released from its prisoner, from being a prison.
  • NamelessRiverNamelessRiver Veteran
    edited November 2009
    Poetically speaking maybe one can say... instead of a prisoner being released from a prison, it is a prison being released from its prisoner, from being a prison.

I was pondering, maybe the immaterial part of ourselves is what becomes unbound. The other thread make me wonder if the Buddha considered the Mind and the Body different, although connected, things.

I think he believed in the duality of mind body, and that mind would be liberated from suffering because it wouldn't need the body part anymore. But that is all theories. Also I am sad cause I think someone is editing the animations out of my posts :(
    edited November 2009
    A dualist? Form is Form no matter how subtle , an object of awareness is an object of awareness no matter how attenuated. And the use of "awareness" here is not the affirmation of a Self essence called Awareness apart from Form.
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited November 2009
    Also I am sad cause I think someone is editing the animations out of my posts :(

I am still seeing the animation after a reload-with-images. It might be a problem on your end. Try restarting your browser?

It is getting mildly annoying, though.
  • pegembarapegembara Veteran
    edited November 2009
    Craving gets quenched. Dunno what gains release.
  • edited November 2009
    Since there is no entity or essence to be unbound, what gains release?

(this may be vehicle sensitive)

We gain release from "what".
    edited November 2009
    We gain release from "what".
    Good Point.