Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

UselessWords: On Love

edited December 2009 in Arts & Writings
It is the residing calm, the patient perception of those (innumerable beings) who will head towards the end of their existences; beyond being and non-being, beyond perceivable and non-perceivable, beyond birth and death, beyond the created and the non-created, beyond any “I”... so as not to generate any idea of any object in the mind. This and beyond... beyond any duality.
In duality one experiences “I,” you, others, the others, objects, desires. The game that the Absolute in Its Infinite Uniqueness wanted is Self, is All Things, and It LOVES to Give it, from two beings It makes... one... zero... nothing?... The word love repeated countless times does not increase the value of that love. To perceive it as a subtle flow from deep within is difficult, because the sounds of the chaos of existences prevent us from hearing its incredible silence.
Love given? Who is it that gives? What? What “I” is in play? The mental “I,” the intellectual “I,” and every other kind of “I” that can be theorized cannot only be separation and construction, which cannot be love.
We hear about who is the true Possessor of Love, but to perceive the Uniqueness of a flow of Infinite Reality that unites beings in a “non-being”...
Love comes forth only from the One, the Absolute. We, “brief theories of the sentient being,” with an infinite past behind us and “NON-being” before us, create the word “eternal” without realizing that life is a moment, that the sentient being and its “selves” are a moment - but the concept of the word eternal seems real to us in our unconscious folly. “How can one's love come forth from the One while having the eyes of duality?”
Where do the brief encounters of a life lead, even if lived together? Maybe they lead to consciously proceeding along the Path, which is endless, though not directing yourself anywhere. Is there a better or worse Place in the Absolute? What direction lies or does not lie in It? The Absolute is the Only Source of Love that we can draw from and examine our reflections in, where the duality of pure and impure ceases, where the face disappears and the sentient being looks at the water and sees the water, without any image reflected in it.
The creation causes us to experience its dance, between sorrow and happiness, birth, youth, old age, death; to follow its rhythm – sometimes we limp, we are sick, we are unlucky – can be difficult, at times even impossible. And so we awkwardly try to achieve some kind of healing so that one day we can feel that Love, with Its Immense Silence, that is the true “rhythm” of the Creation.
Let us unite with The Word, may each of our caresses be where the wind, which blows far away, rises. To have many thoughts, a single thought, no thought, that is, with an active mind and an empty mind, is still duality.
No mind, as before the moment of life and as after death, leads to the perception of the True Nature which underlies every separation. This is how the “drops” return to the sea and, unseparated, vibrate in the Immensity.
To be conscious of this is emptiness, as Consciousness cannot hide Itself in from emptiness - it comes from emptiness, both have the Void as Reality. Once perceived, it leads to an “inconceivable harmonic interaction.” The complexity of the Creation turns into an unspeakable Simplicity, because it has one Sole Value – the word love is no longer the word love as used by the mind which creates it, because the mind cannot experience and does not feel the One Sole Value.
Will we be able to meet one day, after all the vicissitudes and noise in the chaos – a Perfect encounter that, with a “celestial” smile, will irradiate and irrigate the entire Universe?
The path towards and beyond the Reality of Love is possible, but first Absolute Consciousness is necessary, free of any duality. Every direction is the same direction, in emptiness there are no directions, every place is the same place - the Path already lies within every Being.

http://www.uselesswords.org/contStd.asp?lang=en&idPag=417

Do you still believe that one can think something about the word love?

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2009
    Of course!
    There is much to be said about love.
    if there were nothing to be said, countless thousands of poems would be left unuttered.
    Tragic.....
  • edited November 2009
    It 'possible that love is in what is being said in the soul beyond thought. Also all the words and poems of the world does not represent.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2009
    Buddhists do not ascribe to a soul.
    neither do they ascribe to a 'One' or an 'Absolute'.
    So as far as we are concerned, you're entering areas which we do not consider either relevant or pertinent.

Words cannot describe Love adequately, perhaps...
    But it's good to read the efforts poets make.....

However, I'm afraid I'm of the opinion that your plethora and abundance of words are yet again, largely meaningless ramble.
  • edited November 2009
    And 'good to read the poets, of course, you should read the ancient writings and the words of the Buddha, but then the words need to be overcome with words because they can be the impediment. I understand what you say and what they can think of many Buddhists today, what I know of the teaching of Buddha is a bit 'different and I think has been lost in time ...
    edited November 2009
    No it hasn't.
    Quite the contrary.
    The Suttas are as relevant and alive today as they have always been. They are a source of inspiration, teaching and guidance for Buddhists today, as much as they have ever been.
    This is why there are still so many people following Buddhism, and it is aparently the fastest growing religion in the West.
    It would seem that far from being lost in time, the Buddha's words are easier to find than ever.
  • edited November 2009
    Yet it's not that ... I will not tell you because I read it.I have no doubt about the growth of Buddhism in the West, and one can explain, but do not think that all the lessons of the past have arrived intact and unchanged.

http://www.uselesswords.org/default.asp?idPag=357&lang=en
    edited November 2009
    well of course not.
    Things evolve and change, to a greater or lesser degree.

So give me an example of what you think has not arrived intact and unchanged....what are you referring to?

I would surmise this is an alteration brought about by people taking his teachings and moulding them to their own ends, for either profit or convenience.

The Pali canon is very much as the Buddha gave it....
    The thing is the Buddha advised us to see things for ourselves... that is, to put his teachings (and every teaching, for that matter) to the test, and to examine everything, with great scrutiny, before either accepting it, or rejecting it. The further option of leaving it aside and unconjecturable is also there.
    This hasn't changed for the three thousand years that Buddhism has been alive.
    So changes-schmanges - his instructions to us, and our adhereing to the path, are as solidly rooted as they ever were.
  • edited November 2009
    federica wrote: »
    No it hasn't.
    Quite the contrary.
    The Suttas are as relevant and alive today as they have always been. They are a source of inspiration, teaching and guidance for Buddhists today, as much as they have ever been.
    This is why there are still so many people following Buddhism, and it is aparently the fastest growing religion in the West.
    It would seem that far from being lost in time, the Buddha's words are easier to find than ever.
    It 'true that there is a big issue of the translations have been handed down over time, the word of the Buddha, had it been followed, would certainly lead to the disintegration of the world today: how to respect its teachings can not be sure about the translation? Cheers!:)
    edited November 2009
    In the way I have already described. by following the Buddha's recommendations on accepting nothing at face value.
    Buddhists commit themselves to following the Buddha - and remaining as his followers - through this very premise.

And if you consider that the Buddha's very first sermon - which entailed outlining the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path - is not only adhered to by every school of Buddhism, but hailed as his greatest message of all - what's not to respect?
    edited November 2009
    ronin47 wrote: »
    ....the word of the Buddha, had it been followed, would certainly lead to the disintegration of the world today.

...explain..... which word would that be, exactly?
  • edited November 2009
    Buddhists do not ascribe to a soul.
    neither do they ascribe to a 'One' or an 'Absolute'.

Do those statements have soul (essence), are they absolutely true?

If there is no soul, there is nothing to love.
  • edited November 2009
    And if you consider that the Buddha's very first sermon - which entailed outlining the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path - is not only adhered to by every school of Buddhism, but hailed as his greatest message of all - what's not to respect?

You know what has been the teaching of the Buddha in this world summarized in two words?
    edited November 2009
    Do those statements have soul (essence), are they absolutely true?

If there is no soul, there is nothing to love.

Oh don't talk rubbish.
    Show me anywhere in Buddhism that speaks of us actually having a soul.
    If you are a follower of Buddhism, you know that this is not something that is taught.
    edited November 2009
    You know what has been the teaching of the Buddha in this world summarized in two words?

Less.
    One word.

But that's difficult for you to encapsulate because you thrive on words.
    And lots of them.....
    For one who calls his website 'useless words' you sure as heck use a lot of them.....:rolleyes:
  • edited November 2009
    Less.
    One word.

One word? OK, which one?
    But that's difficult for you to encapsulate because you thrive on words.
    And lots of them.....
    For one who calls his website 'useless words' you sure as heck use a lot of them.....:rolleyes:

Do not underestimate your partner ... :) the fact that the site is called useless words has a precise meaning, it is because the words are useless as they are in the domain of the mind!
    edited November 2009
    One word? OK, which one?

Mindfulness.

Do not underestimate your partner ... :) the fact that the site is called useless words has a precise meaning, it is because the words are useless as they are in the domain of the mind!

Then that's where they should stay really.
  • edited November 2009
    Mindfulness.

I believe the Buddha intended his teaching as "empty bowls". was formerly known very many books about the image of an old Chinese sage who apparently carried a heavy sack on his back: I represent our me..then the bag was empty ...We all need to rid me of their condition our existence only after it reached this state, and 'possible' better look at himselves. "Once again, and 'possible contemplation without seed and with seed.:)
    edited November 2009
    I understand that English is not your first language, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

And you have not answered my question in post #11.
  • edited November 2009
    Mindfulness.

Then explain it better now?

In the mind there are all the words. But those that come in handy and make us believe that they understand are then prevented. Just beyond the mind can understand and the entire site uselesswords is a huge contemplation in this ...
  • edited November 2009
    Dear Federica, I will simply say that the Buddha would certainly not be happy to see the evolution of the modern world that absolutely does not reflect his teachings.
    edited November 2009
    The Buddha is beyond happiness and non-happiness.
    The Buddha would understand that things are as they are, because they are as they are.
    The Buddha would understand that this is the nature of samsara.

Anything that does not reflect his teachings is no fault of the teacher.
    The word of the Buddha is not wrong.
    Those that do not heed the word of the Buddha are wrong.
    edited November 2009

In the mind there are all the words. But those that come in handy and make us believe that they understand are then prevented. Just beyond the mind can understand and the entire site uselesswords is a huge contemplation in this ...

Yes.
    Huge.
    It could do with being edited and trimmed to at least 90% of its size, and would lose nothing in the reduction.
    edited November 2009

It needs no explanation. if you do not understand in one word, I will not fill a website with useless drivel trying to explain it to you.
  • edited November 2009
    It needs no explanation. if you do not understand in one word, I will not fill a website with useless drivel trying to explain it to you.

Thanks federica for the interesting reply! However, I can afford to speak my mind:

The teaching of Buddha is the teaching of "no form" if you could synthesize entirely. But what they have built today is the form, then, is not teaching!

This is for me.
  • edited November 2009
    The Buddha is beyond happiness and non-happiness.
    The Buddha would understand that things are as they are, because they are as they are.
    The Buddha would understand that this is the nature of samsara.

Anything that does not reflect his teachings is no fault of the teacher.
    The word of the Buddha is not wrong.
    Those that do not heed the word of the Buddha are wrong.

The Buddha would not have been happy to know that every year growing children died from hunger (more 'than a billion) while the organizations involved in this issue employ 95% of the funds for their salaries and conferences ....:)
    edited November 2009
    Like I said, he knows it's part of samsara.
    "I come to teach only suffering and the end of suffering."

The point is academic anyway.
    since he entered parinibbana, we can't ask him, can we? ;)
    edited November 2009
    Thanks federica for the interesting reply! However, I can afford to speak my mind:

The teaching of Buddha is the teaching of "no form" if you could synthesize entirely. But what they have built today is the form, then, is not teaching!

This is for me.

The important teaching of the Buddha - which you would do better to study - is about suffering and the end of suffering.
    And Form is as important and significant as no Form.
    You can't have one without the other.
    If you think you can, you are wildly wrong.....
    He taught both, so your assertion that his teaching is 'no form' is inaccurate, misguided and single-pointed.
  • edited November 2009
    The important teaching of the Buddha - which you would do better to study - is about suffering and the end of suffering.
    If you think you can, you are wildly wrong.....
    He taught both, so your assertion that his teaching is 'no form' is inaccurate, misguided and single-pointed.

Dear Federica: of course we can not demand an explanation from the Buddha ..... but we can change this world with the knowledge and desire '(which I greatly appreciated the attitude of Buddha). Now people are starving and every second a child dies : philosophy does not help: it would merely act in a concrete way and with love.we must move from theory to practice:)
    edited November 2009
    Yes....and? :confused:
  • edited November 2009
    Yes....and? :confused:

for example, tell people more 'unlucky or did not have The possibility of a study on how things go in the world (who are the property of newspapers, movie studios, mass media in general and what goes on behind ....) .:rolleyes:
    edited November 2009
    You're taking the discussion off topic.

if you want to start a thread on action versus inaction, then do so.
    But don't hijack the thread to climb on a soapbox to protest.

Thanks.
  • edited November 2009

The Four Truths? But of course, very interesting ... according to levels of understanding but ...

Sure sure, but the world is full of temples and statues of Buddha that has certainly not told to build them in his name to worship him. Perhaps this is called "form"? And the "no form"?
  • edited November 2009
    Dear Federica: of course we can not demand an explanation from the Buddha ..... but we can change this world with the knowledge and desire '(which I greatly appreciated the attitude of Buddha). Now people are starving and every second a child dies : philosophy does not help: it would merely act in a concrete way and with love.we must move from theory to practice:)

If only one child in the world continues to starve all the words spoken, all rites and all the temples built of every creed, religion or otherwise have no value. This is my thought!<O:p</O:p
    <O:p</O:p

Ronin47 is right when he speaks instead of helping the world and people dying of hunger, because this is a thought of "love" and not the rest. And that is the subject of the topic, which is entitled "On Love"!
    <O:p</O:p

:thumbsup:
    edited November 2009
    Sure sure, however, that accesses around the world is full of temples and statues of Buddha that has certainly not told to build them in his name to worship him or worship him. Perhaps this is called "form"? And the "no form"?
    :wtf: :crazy:

There was a spam post in this thread, which I have deleted.
    I almost left it, because there was more point to it than in the thread itself.

I'm surprised with all the intelligent vocabulary at your disposal, and the free liberal manner in which you use it, that you don't get the point.

You talk too much.
    And 90% of what you say, is puerile and frankly, pointless.
    as the above clearly demonstrates.

You carry on spouting drivel.
    Your thread.
    I'll leave you to it. :wavey:
  • edited November 2009
    :wtf: :crazy:

I'm surprised with all the intelligent vocabulary at your disposal, and the free liberal manner in which you use it, that you don't get the point.

You talk too much.
    And 90% of what you say, is puerile and frankly, pointless.
    as the above clearly demonstrates.

You carry on spouting drivel.
    Your thread.
    I'll leave you to it. :wavey:

Okay federica! :)

:wavey:
  • edited November 2009
    If only one child in the world continues to starve all the words spoken, all rites and all the temples built of every creed, religion or otherwise have no value.

So I think that now is the time to "useless words" ...
  • edited November 2009
    If only one child in the world continues to starve all the words spoken, all rites and all the temples built of every creed, religion or otherwise have no value.

So I think that now is the time to "useless words" ...

as we know the Law of acasualita 'does not exist, karma exists, we all find ourselves, and we are what we have been in previous lifes.If we do if there are several films that speak of subliminal messages in this regard: one fairly recently was "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with Keanu Reeves , where an alien came to earth to warn the inhabitants of their bad behavior :)
  • edited November 2009
    Love comes forth only from the One, the Absolute.
    But WE are the Absolute...
    I greet all the forumists, I'm new and I don't know english language...
  • edited December 2009
    as we know the Law of acasualita 'does not exist, karma exists, we all find ourselves, and we are what we have been in previous lifes.

What do you mean the Law of acasualità not exist? :)
    If we do if there are several films that speak of subliminal messages in this regard: one fairly recently was "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with Keanu Reeves , where an alien came to earth to warn the inhabitants of their bad behavior :)

Yes this is interesting ...!
  • edited December 2009
    pigbrother wrote: »

Absolute ... endless names on infinite harm to God who invented.

:rolleyes:
  • edited December 2009
    What do you mean the Law of acasualità not exist? :)

Yes this is interesting ...!

Excuse me if I have not explained well, just wanted to say that the mathematical law of karma can not 'be acasual: things you do, both positive and negative will happen again the next life, and' why should behave ... :)
  • edited December 2009

It 'just so'! All of us are infinite dots created from the Absolute, wonderfully different from each other and free to roam ...:)
  • edited December 2009
    Excuse me if I have not explained well, just wanted to say that the mathematical law of karma can not 'be acasual: things you do, both positive and negative will happen again the next life, and' why should behave ... :)

Nothing is random, but everything is in acasualità of events! This is an old concept that today is lost but that science is discovering quantum physics to sub atomic matter!

:D
  • edited December 2009

Of course! All of us are all small dots scattered by the Absolute in infinite universes: being aware of our eternity, 'I wonder what we are stupid when c piccle angry about the things qutidiane ...:)
  • edited December 2009
    Nothing is random, but everything is in acasualità of events! This is an old concept that today is lost but that science is discovering quantum physics to sub atomic matter!

:D

Men's turned toward the good, the location and 'hard with weights and climbing, with the pieces under my feet, but that' a good thing: every impediment and 'a benefit! Demons, by contrast, have a smooth road and downhill, but aal ine crashing ....:)
    edited December 2009
    As this is a discourse that has merely become a discussion between 2 people,
    I'm closing the thread, because it's pointless having a two-way conversation, when e-mails and PMs will do just as well.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.