Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

my worst enemy and rival

edited November 2009 in Buddhism Basics
here's a little story I want to share,

When i started highschool about a decade ago, I had a circle of friends.
My BEST friends from elementary school..we were living it up as you can imagine and then we integrated into a highschool which basically fused together about 10 other elementary schools.

one day while we were playing soccer in year 1, 'MY' group and an 'ENEMY' group started arguing, about a soccer .
An enemy soccer pro had tripped and hurt OUR soccer hero, lets call him "john". who was also my best friend since we were babies at a daycare,

So I immediately came to 'john's' defense, I cussed out the other soccer pro who was obviously dirty and use a cheap move to take down our pro, who was superior..

out of no where some jackass from their team started cussing me out and getting in my face.
He was a big ass I could tell ,a tough-guy and the look in his eyes was disgusting, I wanted him to die immediately, He was cussing ME out now....
then finally I said.. "Hey SUCK MY" etc etc,
And he said ..."okay!!! COME HERE mother etc etc"
I backed off

now about 12 years later this ass who cussed me out..
is my best friend in the world.

who i look up to as a brother and a mentor,
at the time he was just defending his friends,
(who DID turn out to be devious-we haven't spoken to them in years)
but I think even though he knew they were wrong he had to defend them, he's that type of guy....Also highly intelligent, but that's another story..

anyway nowadays I know he has my back, and I look up to him like my own biological brothers,

The lesson is , at first glance I seriously swore this guy to be my worst enemy EVER encountered..I HATE HIM and everything that he stood for..

but now I couldn't ever imagine not being on his team.
He was wrong in that case, because there was foul play, but he was right to defend his friends, and I respect him still for it..

he is my best friend , my worst enemy, and my greatest rival.:cool:

Comments

• edited November 2009
    So I immediately came to 'john's' defense, I cussed out the other soccer pro

meanwhile the other soccer pro is thinking

"some jackass from their team started cussing me out and getting in my face"

There was a lesson to be learned here.
  • edited November 2009
    I KNOW :crazy:
    there are a few lessons here,
    thus why I posteth the memoryeth :D