Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Kindle

skullchinskullchin Veteran
edited November 2009 in General Banter
I crave a Kindle. I've been trying to talk myself out of one for about six months. Should I ask for one for Christmas?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    yes

once you have it, you'll see through the illusions you have about it.
  • edited November 2009
    I have a Sony PRS-505 Reader and absolutely love it. Kindle uses a proprietary format (you'll be a slave to Amazon's whims), so I would check out the other options. I hang out on MobileRead a lot. It's a great place for all you could want to know about ebook devices.

I would stop trying to talk yourself out of it. My device has more than paid for itself with free reading material. You can get any public domain book (i.e. every classic ever written) for free. Mobileread, Feedbooks, Smashwords and Project Gutenberg are great places to look. I've gotten tons of free Buddhist literature. If you opt for something besides a Kindle, you can get lots of free magazines and newspapers with calibre.