Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

St. Andrew's Day

edited December 2009 in General Banter
Happy Saint Andrew's Day to those who recognize it, and may you all have a wonderful day.

Comments

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2009
    Happy St. Andrew's Day to you, too, Kevin!

Are you Scottish?
  • edited November 2009
    Nirvana wrote: »
    Happy St. Andrew's Day to you, too, Kevin!

Are you Scottish?

I'm of Scottish descent, though I've never actually been there. Looking forward to going one day.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited November 2009
    Happy St. Andrew's Day to you too!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2009
    What's a St. Andrews Day? :confused:

Palzang
  • edited December 2009
    Palzang wrote: »
    What's a St. Andrews Day? :confused:

Palzang

Saint Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland, and some other countries as well. Saint Andrew's Day is November 30.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Andrew's_Day
  • edited December 2009
    thornbush wrote: »

And the Scottish government used St. Andrew's Day to push their Independence White Paper out on the public. The party in power, the Scottish National Party, is trying to get a referendum on the issue of independence from the United Kingdom.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2009
    Oh, OK. We have a patron saint here in the US as well, you know. St. Ronald McDonald.

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2009
    Lol! Palzang, yer funny.

My mother made the most beautiful St. Andrew's Day card for my dad this year. She's 75 years old and so smart she actually scanned a piece of her favourite tartan onto the computer, fooled around with the colours a little bit, and used it for the cover of the card. Inside she reminded my dad of all the St. Andrew's Days they'd spent together and this one is their 60!!

My longest relationship lasted a year and a half....