Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Symbols

I just a general quarry on symbols in the buddhist world. I was looking for 2 symbols in particular. I'm hoping they exist :D

Is there a symbol for something to the effect of everyone has just as much right to happiness as anyone else. Also is there a symbol for something to the effect that no matter what happens it's all going to be ok? Sorda a go with the flow, the sun is still going to come up tomorrow kind of thing.

I sure hope there is, but any sort of symbols would be helpful to know I think.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Maybe some of these will work. I like the Zen enso (but then again, I would). Are you looking to get a tattoo or something?
  • edited December 2009
    Nice site. Thanks for sharing :)
  • edited December 2009
    The symbol that's my avatar is the seed syllable for Avalokiteshvara, the god of compassion (who is probably an early version of Kuan Yin). I have it tattooed on my belly.
  • edited December 2009
    I wasn't looking for a tattoo, not yet at least :D I'm a photographer by trade with my wife CassieDoodle :D

Sometimes I feel like an artist and try to make art. This is some research for something I'm working on in my head. Those are the two things that I feel deep down are what I stand for, and I think Buddhism is built on those thoughts. It was just a shot in the dark. Thanks for all the info! (would love to see pics of the tat MrsCogan)
  • SimplifySimplify Veteran
    edited December 2009
    hmm could you make your own symbols that could be understood at some level by the audience of your art?
  • edited December 2009
    I have thought of that, and I think I may do that but I need to do much more research on the topic first. I would like to make a symbol that all buddhist would recognize.