Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Yard Sale at the MBMC

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited January 2005 in Sanghas
This sunday, september 19th, is the annual yard sale and thai/lao food fair at the MBMC :bigclap:

I love this. We get to go on saturday, set up a table with stuff to sell (all proceeds go to the temple, of course) and then on sunday we get to hang out all day with people who don't speak the same language as us!

No, actually they all speak english just fine, but since we're the minority, most people will be speaking their native tongues (Thai or Lao)

However, the best part is the FOOD.

It seems like every family brings some kind of traditional homecooked thai or lao meal, and man there is some good stuff. Not the stuff you find at Thai restaurants (and I am well versed in that stuff, let me tell you), but real, authentic, grandma's-recipe type of stuff. I can't wait.

:bowdown:

Comments

• edited September 2004
    pics!
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited September 2004
    Yay. Food.

First picture (a bad shot) is SOME of the food booths. I had some crazy stuff. Most of it was good, but there were a few "surprises in the soup" if you know what I mean :(

Second, we played a thai version of musical chairs. What is the difference, you ask? Nothing, except the music. Also, the thai people dance around the chairs instead of the dumb americans ( namely me, my sister, and some other dude ) just walking around.

I was the first one out. I suck at musical chairs.

Fourth pic is my son, Perry, and one of the monks, chillin.

No, his name is not chillin... They are "chillin"... :lol:
    edited September 2004
    This one has no significance other than I thought it was a cute scene - the baby was having so much fun chasing Ajahn Charlyut around, I just had to get a picture of it.
  • edited September 2004
    those are such great pics brian!
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited September 2004
    Couldn't you become attached to the chairs and hinder your path, though? ;)

Thanks for the pics :)
    edited October 2004
    Here is a pic that Arjahn Pimol sent me. It had some food on the table, so I used artistic license and got rid of it :)

That's me, my wife, and Arjahn Pimol at the MBMC
    edited October 2004
    Nice! I can't even tell where it was...
    edited October 2004
    Original:
    edited October 2004
    The hardest part was the damned water bottle in front of my wife... .
    edited October 2004
    :eek: Dude! You should get an award for that one or something... crazy...
    edited October 2004
    Nah, it's not that great. Trust me, I've seen some GREAT photoshop work.
  • edited December 2004
    Nice pics teh wifey is hort! You are a lucky man!
  • edited December 2004
    Nice pics man, looks like you had a good time :)

that is pretty cool work removing all that stuff, can't even tell it was there (obviously), I'm just no good with the photoshop I guess :)
  • edited January 2005
    Definately nice work, you sure you didn't photoshop-in the hottie next to you? JK, but seriously, could you do the backdrop as ankor wat or anything? That would be sweet!!!
    edited January 2005
    hahah yeah one day maybe I'll revisit that pic and spend the time cutting us out. Looking back on the work I did - I did a horrible job removing the logo from my shirt. Sheer laziness! :nonono: