Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Pinky

2»

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Hey Joe,

Here is a story that my e-mail friend, Nancy, sent to me. I thought you might like to hear it.

Here's a story for ya.

My sister's husband was in a care home with Alzheimer's. He was doing pretty bad. They took off any support he had and kept him comfortable. My sister went everyday to visit him. She's always asked, do you know I'm here and he'd kind of move his head. One evening when she was there a lady brought in a service dog, he was there before .

That night as my sister talked to the lady, and the dog put his head on the bed and laid there looking at him. When the lady went to leave, the dog wouldn't mind to come on. The lady repeated a few times and then said sorry he's never done this. He always comes. So she had to drag the dog off.

And now you already know what I'm going to say. He died that night. My sister didn't know or she would of stayed. I think she should of as all his organs were shutting down. His eyes were dilated.

I guess there are a million of these stories,
    S9
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited February 2010
    Animals seem to be able to tell these things, like a sixth sence...
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2010
    Joe,

The other day, on the TV, I heard a curious story. It was about a cat, which lived in a nursing home since its kitten-hood. It seems this particular kitty could tell when one of the oldsters was going to die, pretty accurately.

Kitty would get up on their bed and lay down beside them in order to comfort them, until they were gone.

It seems that Kitty never got on any one else’s beds in this way, b/4 hand. I think it was probably against the rules. But who, with any heart could deny anyone this comfort towards the end?

Seems after a while kitty proved to be sooo accurate that the nursing home staff started alerting the family days b/4 hand, on kitty’s say/so that their family member was going to pass and they should come now if they wanted a last visit.

Spooky stuff…
    But, oh so sweet at the same time.

How do you think these little angels (in fur pajamas) know these things?
    (That is if we humans are so dog-gone clever compared to them?) NOT! ; ^ )

Looking confused,
    S9
    I know about that cat! I read about him in Reuters news a little while ago. He's pretty famous.

As my sister always says, we know next to nothing about the true abilities of animals. We can measure their senses of hearing and smell, their sight and so forth, but we have no idea what's going on with all the unexplained stuff, and there's a lot of unexplained stuff.

It's a great privilege to share our lives with beings who trust us even when we give them reason not to, who want to please us even when we don't notice their efforts, and who would rather be with us than be with their own kind.

My cats never, ever, cease to amaze me. I've always been told that you can't train a cat as easily as a dog because cats don't have the desire to please us as much as dogs do. But I've seen my cats trying to change their behavior to please me. I've seen them actually try to be better, to each other, to us. It's an amazing thing to see and it fills my heart with wonder. That they came from miles and miles away to live with us, that they actually chose us, is something that I'll always be amazed by and forever grateful for.
    edited February 2010
    If I was on my death bed the cat cuddling up to me would probobly efect my alergies and I'd die, LOL, hopefully when I'm older they'll have cures for allergies so I'll be able to clean out hamsters, stroke cats and rabbits, and use peppermint lipsil *gets all dreamy*

I think everybody has a sixth sence. Like I have a feeling when there is somebody present in the same room (although it creeps me out when there's nobody there...LOL), and I have a feeling when winter turns to summer or vice versa. I think the season things built in instinct or something though... Definitely sixth sence though...

Love & Peace
    Joe
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited February 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    I have a feeling when there is somebody present in the same room (although it creeps me out when there's nobody there...

Well, nobody you can see anyway...

In Buddhism, the sixth sense is the mind.

Palzang
    edited February 2010
    Oooh... scary. I bet ghosts get a kick out of those TV shows about hauntings.
    Please knock once if you are here
    Knock
    Oh I can here him
    I'm scared
    Argh, it's touching me.
    I'd have a laugh...

Love & Peace
    Jellybean