Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I'm a lurker.

MagwangMagwang Veteran
edited January 2010 in Buddhism Today
So it's come to this.

I contribue no meaningful posts here, I just read other's posts. My practise is weak. Have I nothing to say?

:confused: In a world of social networkng, I am at a loss for words.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Hi Magwang,

If you have contributed 417 posts, then you're not just a lurker with nothing to say.

Some of the internet social networking could be just meaningless chit-chat anyway - so it might even be better to say less rather than more, depending on one's point of view !:)

Nice to "chat" and kind wishes to you,

Dazzle
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited December 2009
    Hey, Magwang. Glad to see you're still around.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. All of my more recent posts have been about economics and politics. Not very "Buddhist" topics. But the way I see it, every contribution is meaningful in its own way.
  • hsrihphsrihp New
    edited December 2009
    Magwang wrote: »
    So it's come to this.

I contribue no meaningful posts here, I just read other's posts. My practise is weak. Have I nothing to say?

The only problem with your activity in this forum is that Your mind is in judgment of it
  • edited January 2010
    look
    |
    |
    V
  • FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Magwang wrote: »
    So it's come to this.

Not a problem ... A shallow stream makes the most noise.
    (burble burble)
  • upekkaupekka Veteran
    edited January 2010
    what has hppened is happened
    why worry about what has happened in the past
    live in this moment with mindfully
    future will lookafter itself
  • edited January 2010
    I do the same thing. I visit many sites that I don't even make an account on.
  • bushinokibushinoki Veteran
    edited January 2010
    magwang, thank you for not posting how many times a day your cat craps. I find that the meaningful but less frequest posts to be of more value. More thought going into them. Of course, I could look at my own post count over the last four years, and wonder if I really mean that....