Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

March of the Penguins

NoiNoi
edited August 2005 in General Banter
Has anyone seen "March of the Penguins"? It's a documentary on Emperor Penguins living in the extreme conditions of Anartica. Morgan Freeman is the narrator. It shows their lives, births, and deaths. They kinda remind me of little people. Some of the characteristics the exhibited were very human-like. They are soooo cute!!! Ah!! Kawaii (cute, in japanese).

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited August 2005
    I haven't seen it. But I have seen documentaries like this in the past.

I've seen the penguins, turtles, etc. They're all very interesting. It's also horrible to watch how all of them don't grow up to live happy, healthy, well-adjusted lives. Seriously, Nature really takes it's toll...

Michael
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited August 2005
    Has anyone heard of the red crabs that migrate at Christmas Island off Australias coast? It is spectacular! My partner was working on CI and I flew up there to see it. Wow.
    And a few days after - stinky! they get run over and then the sun makes them smell. There are literally millions of them. Nature is mean. They go to the ocean to lay eggs, then go back to the jungle. A few weeks later all the widdle baby cwabs go to the jungle too. Squillions. :):):)
  • edited August 2005
    I have not seen the movie yet, but it looks great. What really amazes me about penguins is how the female lays the eggs, and then gives them to the male to care for until they hatch. The male penguin just puts the egg on the top of his feet, and does not move until the egg hatches - no food, no movement - NOTHING! Until the baby is born! Amazing!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited August 2005
    emmak wrote:
    Has anyone heard of the red crabs that migrate at Christmas Island off Australias coast? It is spectacular! My partner was working on CI and I flew up there to see it. Wow.
    And a few days after - stinky! they get run over and then the sun makes them smell. There are literally millions of them. Nature is mean. They go to the ocean to lay eggs, then go back to the jungle. A few weeks later all the widdle baby cwabs go to the jungle too. Squillions. :):):)

I have seen that. It is pretty amazing. It's also amazing that so many of them just get squished. You'd think with all the stink - they'd find some way to change something.

I love crab... for ummm their minds. Yes, I love crab for their minds. Great thinkers.

Michael
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited August 2005
    The crabs on CI are poisonous. Bwahahahahaha! There are also wild chickens. Also poisonous as they eat the crabs. Hahahaha!