Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

On the Number Four!

edited December 2009 in Arts & Writings
The universe we live in a universe based 4. There are four fundamental laws of physics, are 4 dimensions (3 + time). Even science it is finding, even in the past has been told, everything will be included in time with a wire. Even reading an article like this is to meditate because it makes you make the necessary connections.Again?
Even the Noble Truths of the Buddha are 4 ...

The number upon which the universe is founded - One of the numbers that recurs most frequently in the life of every human being is the number four. Here we will make only slight mention of its numerous applications and references. As these applications are aspects of the basic scheme of the universe, they appear to be connected to one other by analogical correspondences. In fact, if we look at the symbolism, the different interpretations tend to overlap in a small number of guidelines. Here we will furnish an outline of the use of the quaternary in various cultures - as a recurring organizational scheme of many aspects of daily life, as well as of time and space, in the fields of philosophy, religion and science.

more: http://www.uselesswords.org/contStd.asp?lang=en&idPag=442
:)

Comments

• edited December 2009
    The universe we live in a universe based 4. There are four fundamental laws of physics, are 4 dimensions (3 + time). Even science it is finding, even in the past has been told, everything will be included in time with a wire. Even reading an article like this is to meditate because it makes you make the necessary connections.Again?
    Even the Noble Truths of the Buddha are 4 ...

The number upon which the universe is founded - One of the numbers that recurs most frequently in the life of every human being is the number four. Here we will make only slight mention of its numerous applications and references. As these applications are aspects of the basic scheme of the universe, they appear to be connected to one other by analogical correspondences. In fact, if we look at the symbolism, the different interpretations tend to overlap in a small number of guidelines. Here we will furnish an outline of the use of the quaternary in various cultures - as a recurring organizational scheme of many aspects of daily life, as well as of time and space, in the fields of philosophy, religion and science.

more: http://www.uselesswords.org/contStd.asp?lang=en&idPag=442
    :)

Really interesting! I believe that the most 'important is that concerning the functioning of the mental system is divided into 4 parts:
    first area: the area of sexuality '
    second area: area of digestion where I present our "me"
    third area: the area of affectivity '
    fourth area: the area of understanding.:)
  • ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited December 2009
    And here I thought the magic number was 5.

I have the strangest feeling that you, Avalokitesvara, and Ronin look something like this:

1550.jpg

(Ronin is on the left).
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2009
    Actually, Avalokitesvara, I'm getting kind of tired of this new age crud, and would say that, if you are here to discuss aspects of Buddhism, and Buddhist teachings, then I'm glad for you to continue here...

This is after all, a Buddhist forum....
    But if you're just here to spout your own philosophy, which is just basically an amalgam of different disciplines and theories, and throw in the odd thread in which, ultimately, just you and ronin participate, then I suggest (as you both live in the same country/city/district/house/school....?)...you just use your mobiles to text one another, and go from there.

Your threads tend to engender very little response or interest from other members, in general, because very little of what you say is either relevant, or interesting.

So either post threads specific to Buddhism, asking about Buddhist teachings, and discussions on Buddhism, or take it somewhere else.

Remember the old saying:

'L'ospite e come un pesce. Dopo qualche giorno - puzza....'

(The guest is like a fish. After a few days, it stinks.)
This discussion has been closed.