Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Mindfullness During Chores

edited March 2010 in Arts & Writings
Hey all,

This popped in my mind this morning when I was doing chores. I was trying to be mindful and when came from it kind of surprised me.

Three Spoons
Reflect Three Universes
Dishes Are Still Being Washed

Hope you enjoyed!

Comments

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited January 2010
    Heh, that made me smile.
  • edited January 2010
    I dig it!

It's amazing how practicing mindfulness can make a tedious task interesting, isn't it?
  • edited January 2010
    Yeah. I've been trying to practice mindfulness all the time. It really helps with being moral and having good ethical behaviour, it helps me to think before I act. I'll try that next time I water the garden, which I don't really enjoy doing, but I think of it as an opportunity to practice patience and i guess now, mindfulness.
  • edited January 2010
    One of the beautiful things I have discovered while being mindful and engaged while performing chores is that time often seems to disappear.
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks for the insight.
    I've been dreading some rather tedious tasks lately.. almost to the point of avoidance. Hmm.. I'm off to finish them now (:
  • edited March 2010
    Some lovely thoughts about mindfulness in this thread!

Right mindfulness is (I believe) a key factor in seeing things as they really are, and thus enabling us to take right action.
  • edited March 2010
    I agree with you. I use my chores like peaceful meditation. I make my chores a daily spiritual ritual.