Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

what kind of Buddhist would say this???

edited September 2010 in General Banter
hey, dig this message to the public from a so-called buddhist moderator on this forum...

I am the best Buddhist ever. I think of the most thought-provoking ointment-related replies around. Don't be humbled, just call me the next Ananda. And celebrate me during Visakha Puja day. That is all.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Lol, can you believe that?! So much for humility, huh? And to think...

this is our moderator! What kind of moderator would even THINK such an enormously egotistical and self-inflated thought?

Hmmm, seems like Buddhism means very different things to different people. Oh well, I go where the winds take me, but leave when I dont like the neighbors!

Cheers to all.

Comments

• fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited January 2010
    I'm sorry you're going through this. Do five equanimity meditations and call me in the morning. We will get you started with a humorotherapist as soon as we find one with an opening.
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Oh, also: <object width="560" height="340">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4gCU5uplB4A&hl=en_US&fs=1&&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>

"one hand clapping fuck that Yo more like the sound of a one-legged standing Ohh!
    I’m blowin up the dharma like what! cause I’m the sickest Buddhist and I’m kickin Buddha butt"
  • edited January 2010
    Ah yes! 49 lashes for him and then make him walk the plank!

I know it's a terrible thing to say, but it just seemed like a good idea, and I can't help it. WhatamIgoingtodowithmyselfaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Anyway, what do you feed to a sick pig?

Oinkment! :lol:

sigh, I'm bored
  • edited January 2010
    lol, submitted for your approval...
    simply saying words like meditation and Visakha Puja day do NOT make one a Buddhist.
    Boasting may be funny to most americans, but it aint the way to wisdom!
    Atelier-Rising-Sun-2-53636.jpg
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2010
    WhiteOak,

I hope you're starting to get that it was just a joke. You do get that, don't you?
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited January 2010
    WhiteOak wrote: »
    this is our moderator! What kind of moderator would even THINK such an enormously egotistical and self-inflated thought?

One with a sense of humour. As I mentioned elsewhere:
    It was actually something my girlfriend had written as a joke in the form of a mock reply. I was browsing the forums and walked away from the computer for a few moments only to come back and find it typed into the reply box. I thought it was so ridiculous that I decided I had to do something with it, so I made it into my signature.

I mean, come on, "the most thought-provoking ointment-related replies around" doesn't even make any sense.
  • edited January 2010
    Ha ha!

Charade you are!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2010
    WhiteOak, please know that the tongue is firmly embedded in Jason's cheek, and the signature is heavy in self-deprecation and sarcasm.
    His GF posted it as a joke, and he thought it was funny.
    We thought it was funny.
    Everyone who knows Jason, fully understands that this is not a serious signature. We understand the joke.

Ok? ;)
  • LesCLesC Bermuda Veteran
    edited January 2010
    And White Oak... you have made another Faux Pas... you referred to him as Moderator... when clearly he is a God Emperor... please pay more attention!!

Hahahaha! (PS - that was also a joke)
    edited January 2010
    First the Pope thread and now this. New members must think I'm something awful. Oh well, you know what the Buddha said about praise and blame. :D
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Jason, my position hasn't changed. I still like your new signature.
    (You derned troublemaker.)
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Jason wrote: »
    First the Pope thread and now this. New members must think I'm something awful. Oh well, you know what the Buddha said about praise and blame. :D
    You mean your not? ...ok. But the rest of you are... awful awful awful.:mad:
  • edited January 2010
    Booo! I thought Jason was the next buddha! Meh!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2010
    "I'll unattach your teeth from your lips."

Awesome!

-bf
  • ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited January 2010
    hey, dig this message to the public from a so-called buddhist moderator on this forum...

I am the best Buddhist ever. I think of the most thought-provoking ointment-related replies around. Don't be humbled, just call me the next Ananda. And celebrate me during Visakha Puja day. That is all.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Lol, can you believe that?! So much for humility, huh? And to think...

Gahaha this Thread is killing me. I don't even know him, and knew it was a joke. What kind of Buddhist doesn't have a sense of humour? :buck:

Dhamma Dhatu linked me to a video recently in which the Dalai Lama said:

"How do you deal with such people, such child? I don't know... if I met such things, then I might take drastic, drastic measure. *makes slapping gesture* Hahaha... because I might lose patience easily. *laughs*" Some people were disgusted by this. :lol:

What kind of Buddhist would make an entire Thread dedicated to calling out, judging, and criticizing another member? :eek:
    edited January 2010
    Just humor Jason.

Those of us that have been around long enough know that if you mess around with Jason, Brian is gonna kick you off the boards.

There is some long, seedy, disturbing history that goes on with those two that is better left hidden in the closet.

Personally, I think Jason rocks and is a super #1, neat-o guy!

I am not receiving any monetary compensation for making the comment shown above.

I feel so dirty now.

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2010
    What d'you mean 'feel'? You are dirty.
    edited January 2010
    I like the direction this thread has taken! Good to see you around again, bf. ;)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    rustycusak wrote: »
    I am not Buddhist but is it possible that people who were abusive or overly dominant in a past lifetime may be born into a body with a particular demeanor or situations in this lifetime that puts the shoe on the other foot?

Thanks.

Wait a minute, I'll look it up in my manual..... Oh, OK, here it is... Yes, yes, indeed, you can be!

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    Brigid wrote: »
    What d'you mean 'feel'? You are dirty.

Whew!

Thanks, B!

For a minute there, I was afraid I was actually making progress. :lol:

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Lol!
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited August 2010
    this thread is hilarious! :D
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Oh yeah well it's caused me some kind of worldy jealousy.
    edited August 2010
    :lol:
  • edited August 2010
    Jason wrote: »
    One with a sense of humour. As I mentioned elsewhere:
    It was actually something my girlfriend had written as a joke in the form of a mock reply. I was browsing the forums and walked away from the computer for a few moments only to come back and find it typed into the reply box. I thought it was so ridiculous that I decided I had to do something with it, so I made it into my signature.
    I mean, come on, "the most thought-provoking ointment-related replies around" doesn't even make any sense.

I'm new to the forum and I was browsing the threads when I came across this one. I thought that the quote was hilarious. It was even better coming from the Mod, I mean God Emperor. I enjoy humor - it's a good teaching tool.

Namaste

Kayte
  • edited August 2010
    Jason i thought it was arrogant too, then i realized that me picking on you might make me less friendly to others. When i seen your post randomly in another thread i liked what you said, then i was screwed, an arrogant helpful person sharing ??? LLOL

Guess the mirror is hard to see sometimes.

Love this forum.
    edited September 2010
    :lol: everyone had a light side... and a dark side...
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2010
    I don't have any sides - I'm well-rounded (so to speak).

Palzang
  • LesCLesC Bermuda Veteran
    edited September 2010
    That's what I always say when my doctor says I need to get into shape... I say "Round's a shape!!!"
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited September 2010
    Shape is shapelessess, shapelessness is also shape ;)
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Jason's signature weeds out the members with no sense of humor. It's actually a community service. :crazy:
    edited September 2010
    :D
    edited September 2010
    Hahaha :D
  • sandysandy Explorer
    edited September 2010
    A shame you can't have another user title under God Emperor. Community Servant since 2003.

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAaWvVFERVA

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.