Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A Fun [maybe morbid] Exercise

edited January 2010 in General Banter
I heard this idea a while back. If you had to write your own obituary, what would you put in it? I think it's a great way of reflecting on what the most important things are in your life since you can only describe yourself in a few sentences. And it's fun to imagine what you might have done in the future.

Here's mine...

"Knight of Buddha, tobacconist extraordinaire and owner of 'The Smokestack,' died peacefully on Sunday night at the age of 94 in his Texas winter home and in the presence of his six children. He served 30 years in the Army as an intelligence officer and interpreter. An author of numerous military history books, he enjoyed hunting, fishing, and farming on his 50 acre land. He is survived by his children; Horatio, Thomas, Catalina, Byron, Nigel, and Winston."

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited January 2010
    We hear often of people for thanking God for the strength that resulted in their victories. I would like to thank God and Buddha for all of my defeats along with my mental illness and my death. Without my own difficulties I would have assumed I was superior to other people and would not have realized that everyone had something to offer. I also would not have developed the strength to persist in the face of adversity. So God and Jesus I thank you for when my gramma and dog died. I thank you for the time that I had delusions and failed out of school. I also thank you for when I could not get any relief and came to see meditation as accepting things as they are rather than a special pleasurable state of mind.
  • StaticToyboxStaticToybox Veteran
    edited January 2010
    "Takeahnase. He was born, he lived, he died. Now he's food for worms."
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Good one. :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2010
    "Federica.
    We cannot comment, as apparently she's work in progress, and not done yet."
  • Quiet_witnessQuiet_witness Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Quiet_witness: Still smiling in some realm. His body is now an offering for the birds.
  • edited January 2010
    Here Lies The Most troublesome Person On Earth
  • edited January 2010
    Rock Genius Mega rockstar 101ofamind, his crotch thrust will live on forever.
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Here lays caz namyaw now somebody kick him.
  • edited January 2010
    I took professional writing in school and one of the projects we had to do was write the obituary for some famous person, or at least someone who was in the public eye.

This is going to sounds a little morbid but I LOVED writing obituaries. I have no clue why but I was looking into doing this as one of my first jobs when I left college.

While we did this project I did find a politician that shared my name and when I told my professor this he laughed at me. This is the closest thing I have ever done when I comes to writing my own obituary.
  • Quiet_witnessQuiet_witness Veteran
    edited January 2010
    101ofamind wrote: »
    Rock Genius Mega rockstar 101ofamind, his crotch thrust will live on forever.

I don't know why but I can't stop laughing after I read this. :lol:
  • edited January 2010
    I don't know why but I can't stop laughing after I read this. :lol:

PEACE TO YOU!
  • edited January 2010
    "This woman is dead, she is deceased she has ceased to be..." etc.
    Cookie if you get it.
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited January 2010
    "This woman is dead, she is deceased she has ceased to be..." etc.
    Cookie if you get it.

Your a women ? :eek: