Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Give peace a chance !!!

cazcaz VeteranUnited Kingdom Veteran
edited January 2010 in Buddhism Today
Without inner peace there can be no outer peace. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-NRriHlLUk

What a wonderfull day it will be when this can be bought into practise. :lol:

Comments

• cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited January 2010
    What could be more needed today then peace ? How do we expect to help others attain peace when we ourselves cannot even control our mind ?, let alone how can we expect nations to be at peace with one an other when they are not even at peace with themselves.
  • edited January 2010
    I have a t-shirt that says, "Give Peace a Chance," and has a peace sign on it. It is one of my favorites.
    edited January 2010
    meez wrote: »
    I have a t-shirt that says, "Give Peace a Chance," and has a peace sign on it. It is one of my favorites.

Well thank goodness you responded to this meez i was begining to wonder if i was the only wannabe hippy here :lol:
  • edited January 2010
    caz namyaw wrote: »
    Without inner peace there can be no outer peace. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-NRriHlLUk

What a wonderfull day it will be when this can be bought into practise. :lol:

Well it never will unfortunately. I think the scariest type of people in the world are those who are at peace with themselves, but have no problem inflicting unimaginable cruelty on those around them in the outside world.

I don't think human nature is naturally good, so I think your dream is unrealizable. As long as there are people like the ones I've described above, which will be always.
    edited January 2010
    Well it never will unfortunately. I think the scariest type of people in the world are those who are at peace with themselves, but have no problem inflicting unimaginable cruelty on those around them in the outside world.

I don't think human nature is naturally good, so I think your dream is unrealizable. As long as there are people like the ones I've described above, which will be always.

Or simply put shit happens this is samsara :o
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Cheer up Knight! Spread the Peace Man! :)
    I liked the song Zach, but it gave me the kind of headache I get when my band played Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for the first time :o
    I'd like that tea-shirt Meez :)
    Love & Peace
    Joe
  • edited January 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    I liked the song Zach, but it gave me the kind of headache I get when my band played Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for the first time :o
    Love & Peace
    Joe

I wasn't being cheerless. I'm just being realistic. There will never be world peace. There will always be murderers, thieves and criminals, either in gangs or at the head of nations.
    edited January 2010
    I know, you just peed in the flow... :lol:

It's a shame though, ah well, we're each one person so as long as we're each peaceful we're doing our part for the population ;)
    edited January 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    Love & Peace
    Joe

John lennon was a brilliant muscian im a great fan of his stuff youtube him and im sure you'll enjoy his works aswell. :)
    edited January 2010
    I'll have a look at some of his other stuff soon :D
    Love & Peace
    Joe