Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Karmic forgiveness?

edited February 2010 in Buddhism Basics
I was wondering, if I have done things in the past out of ignorance that would create negative karma, can I somehow reconcile my wrong-doings?

Like some sort of redemption? Or can I only create as much positive karma as I can from now on?

Also I was curious, the hardships we've endured how can we tell what is negative karma, ignorance or normal dukkha which is part of the human experiance?

I am getting so confused and life is so much harder, being open and not hiding behind coping mechanisms (like anorexia), I'm finding myself having to be more hosnest and it is so scary and painful. But I'm finding comfort in the notion that we are all "one" and "I" am ultimately void... right? wrong?

geez blind faith is so much easier! Hahaha

Comments

• DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Karma as I understand is how you handle your mind. If you get angry then it is going to generate unhealthy karmic formations. So bad karma is when you get into unhealthy mental states like anger, jealousy and even more passive states like fear. Karma is not merely generated from your actions but rather your "intentions" aka mental formations. For example, you might sit at home and feel really angry with someone; even if you didn't act on your anger in any way you still have generated bad karma.

Don't look at karma as a cosmic punishment system and feel stressed about it.View it as an aftermath of your own mental states. It's all a mind game as far as I see it.

So why is this bothering you so much? Don't take it too seriously. Just keep on practicing loving kindness, honesty etc. Try to cultivate positive mental states during your day to day life and keep practicing the meditation. It will take time. In the meantime you will get angry, you will scold someone, you might tell the little white lies. We all do that. When you are angry just accept that you are angry and reflect on why you are angry and why it is a useless feeling. Don't deny your feelings or force yourself to be the person who is so good, so gentle, so loving etc. Keep your focus on the practice rather than the results and changes will occur naturally

Blind faith is a delusion. It is so much better that you have at least seen the right path so now it's just a matter of walking it. How many beings out there are lucky enough to be in this situation? Very few :)
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited January 2010
    These three articles on karma may give you some insight,Bodi.
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Very interesting article Fivebells thanks for sharing. I am actually reading the whole things now. This might even make a few changes to what I used to think is right. I'll be having some questions though; will it be possible to ask you in that case? :D
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    edited January 2010
    Yes, I welcome any questions. (But I am merely a student, I am not Ken.)
  • DhammaDhatuDhammaDhatu Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Bodi wrote: »
    I was wondering, if I have done things in the past out of ignorance that would create negative karma, can I somehow reconcile my wrong-doings? Like some sort of redemption? Or can I only create as much positive karma as I can from now on?
    Hi Bodi

To see one's past negative actions were due to ignorance and to naturally not perform those actions again is enough for redemption. There is no need to 'repay' those negative actions.
    Also I was curious, the hardships we've endured how can we tell what is negative karma, ignorance or normal dukkha which is part of the human experiance?
    Most dukkha comes from ignorance. Negative karma comes from ignorance.
    I am getting so confused and life is so much harder, being open and not hiding behind coping mechanisms (like anorexia), I'm finding myself having to be more hosnest and it is so scary and painful.
    Being honest is a good way. It is good to be honest about ourselves, to ourselves, but importantly, when we have a goal, need or expectation in relation to others, to be open & honest about that also, to ourselves & to them. The Buddha recommended in human & social relationships, the first beneficial skill to develop is honesty.
    But I'm finding comfort in the notion that we are all "one" and "I" am ultimately void... right? wrong?
    All beings influence eachother. Indeed we are one. We can grow from the positive & negative experiences of ourselves & others.

Void? Yes. Letting go of self-obsessions and investigating the way the genuine happiness can help us alot.

With kindness

DD :smilec:
  • edited January 2010
    Dear Bohi,

Here's a couple of links to, what I imagine as, good information about this topic.

http://www.thubtenchodron.org/Retreat/workshop_vajrasattva_2006.html

and

http://www.thubtenchodron.org/Retreat/index.html#Vajrasattva

Shalom and Hugs
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited January 2010
    fivebells wrote: »
    Yes, I welcome any questions. (But I am merely a student, I am not Ken.)

Yeah, but that's fine because this concept is something new to me so I can always learn something from you :) I will post my questions sometimes today and thanks a lot fivebells for offering to help.
  • edited January 2010
    Fivebells -
    I have to express my thanks for the articles as well.
  • edited January 2010
    WOW! This is so much easier than trying to figure this stuff out all on my own. Thank you for the great articles Fivebells and the links brotherbob. Thanks for your input Dhamma dhatu and deshy. Many thanks for clearing this up. It's a great weight off my shoulders.
    "Most dukkha comes from ignorance. Negative karma comes from ignorance." Thanks for putting it in a neat little nutshell for me Dhamma Dhatu. Perfect.

Namaste friends!
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited January 2010
    These three articles on karma may give you some insight,Bodi.

OK I am back with a few questions and I hope the OP won't mind me hijacking his thread. ;) If so please raise the flag and I will open my own. Thanks...

So here are my questions. I didn't PM you fivebells because others can also answer if they can. Hope that is fine.

1)
    Karma describes the way actions grow into experience
    Does he mean by action our "mental actions" aka thoughts?

2)
    Karma, then, describes how our actions evolve into experience, internally and externally. Each action is a seed which grows or evolves into our experience of the world. Every action either starts a new growth process or reinforces an old one as described by the four results. Small wonder that we place so much emphasis on mindfulness and attention. What we do in each moment is very important!
    So what he is saying is, since every little individual action of ours grows into a behavioral pattern affecting us in different ways (which is karma or karmic formations) we should watch every action closely. Understood. But how does this theory link with this life's behavioral patterns affecting the next life's or those of previous life's affecting someone in this life? What is the link there? Is it consciousness? (Vingana).

3) Finally and this is not related to this article but some question I have had form some time. I am hoping you might give me an answer or else I will open a new thread on this anyway. I have this quetsion, what do we mean by stopping the karmic fomations? I read all three of Ken’s articles but didn’t get something simple enough for me to understand.

If we do good actions then we will develop good, positive behavioral patterns and if bad then bad behavioral patterns. How do we ease these two ends and find an equilibrium where we no longer form any more karma?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    edited January 2010
    Deshy wrote: »
    Does he mean by action our "mental actions" aka thoughts?
    No, he means the whole thing.
    ...how does this theory link with this life's behavioral patterns affecting the next life's or those of previous life's affecting someone in this life?
    If you accept the three-lives interpretation of dependent origination, then something called the "subtle mindstream" is carried from life to life. However, while the interpretation given in these articles does not directly contradict the three-lives interpretation, it depends only on what happens in this life, and has practical implications for how to live this life.

Implicit in all of your questions is an assumption of personal identity. One of the effects of Buddhist practice is to undermine this assumption. What is the basis for your identification with the the memory of your experience from five seconds ago? If that identification has no solid basis, why identify the present self with the self of five seconds ago? From this perspective, what we usually think of as a life is actually a continual stream of lives, one for every moment. The life-to-life picture of karma can be understood in this way.
    I have this quetsion, what do we mean by stopping the karmic fomations?

If we do good actions then we will develop good, positive behavioral patterns and if bad then bad behavioral patterns. How do we ease these two ends and find an equilibrium where we no longer form any more karma?
    All such patterns arise from a basic ignorance of the nature of experience. We ignore the fact that we are our experience, and are not separate from it. As described in the theory of dependent origination, this leads to attachment to self-concepts which reinforce the notion of a self independent of experience. The patterns, "samsara" in conventional Buddhist language, evolve as means of defending these self-concepts. By cutting through the disidentification from experience which is underlying a given self-concept, it is possible to cut through the patterns themselves.

To understand this properly on a theoretical level, it is necessary to understand dependent origination. I recommend this essay on the topic. It is pretty heavy going, itself, but it's the best explanation I've found so far.

Insight meditation is the route to understanding this on a practical level. How this all works practically in day-to-day life is described in some detail in the last two chapters of Ken's book Wake Up To Your Life, and to some extent in these podcasts.
  • edited January 2010
    This is a great thread! Thanks so much.
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Thanks fivebells for the replies. I read them overall but i didn't read it in detail as my brain is too slow now. I got to sleep and will reply you tomorrow. TC
    edited January 2010
    No problem. Sleep well.
  • edited January 2010
    All the questions we raise on each thread have the same basic answers don't they? Hahaha, If we just go back to the basic teachings of Buddhism, the essential philosophy, we can find our answers to anything! We just need to mould them into our current dilemma or situation, huh?

Interesting? Obvious? Or Ignorance... hahaha.
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Bodi wrote: »
    If we just go back to the basic teachings of Buddhism, the essential philosophy

Which is?
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited January 2010
    OK fivebells I am back more confused than before thank you very much :D

I went through the article you gave and have a lot of questions to begin with. First of all I must say that this text answered a fundamental question I had with the other version of the dependent origination. However, that doesn’t mean this version is all clear. Probably Buddhadasa Bhikkhu has a point here but he certainly is not making it clear enough. Most of his very long text consists of nothing more than repeated claims that "there is no transmigrating consciousness that has tree life spans". I couldn't help but think "Enough already. Tell me something I don’t know"

Besides, this story about the three life spans is not there in the other version of the dependent origination that I read earlier. Anyway that is not the point here. Point is I need your help in finding some answers to these questions. So here goes:

1) He says "Therefore, the Name-and-Form in the doctrine should be interpreted using the Dhamma language not the everyday language" but fails to explain what name and form means in the Dhamma language. So what is name and form?

2) Then he says "The new Name-and-Form will then experience suffering, and generate the Six Sense Bases that sustains suffering". What does that mean? These statements seriously lack some explanations. He's got to teach it like he is teaching to idiots because this is complex

3) What do you mean by existence here? He takes both existence and birth in one bundle and skips any clear explanation what existence is and how birth (birth of ego) arises having existence as condition

4) And in the mahanidhana sutta the Buddha said:
    "With consciousness as condition there is mentality materiality. How that is so Ananda should be understood in this way: If consciousness were not to descent into the mother’s womb, would mentality materiality take shape in the womb"?

"Certainly not sir"

"If after descending into the womb consciousness were to depart would mentality-materiality be generated into this present state of being?"

And so on…
    Is it me or is it some serious error in the translation from pali to English because it sounds like the Buddha is talking about a physical birth here. I'm so confused because one minute Buddhadasa Bhikkhu’s explanation seemed so acceptable to me and then I read this. I will appreciate it if you explain this if you can

5) Finally, the Buddha had talked about rebirth in so many suttas. I am not saying he was talking about physical birth in dependent origination (I have question in all two versions of DO) but let’s assume he was not. So birth here is just the birth of the ego. But the Buddha clearly talked about the concept of rebirth in a lot of other suttas. How then would rebirth concept blend with the concepts of DO. Simply put, what would happen when the physical body breaks or in general terms what would happen when a person dies. Didn’t the Buddha explain that part at all?

Personally I like Buddhadasa Bhikkhu’s explanation of a consciousness that arises and passes away thousand million times per second so that we “feel” there is a solid entity called a self whereas there is not. Perfectly explains why the Buddha said we are “non-self” and this is impermanent as in things arise and pass away. But I need answers for the above questions. Unfortunately Buddhadasa Bhikkhu has not addressed them in his text and maybe he has but I am too dumb I don't get it.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    edited January 2010
    Hi, Deshy. I appreciate your questions. I am in a bit of a rush this morning (overslept, blessedly) but I will get back to them. If you haven't heard from me about it by Friday, please remind me, as it will mean I have forgotten to respond.
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Thanks a lot :) Sure I'll send you a PM. Please take your time.

Blessings ...
  • ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Part of the problem is that the version of Practical Dependent Origination is only a partial version of the original essay and isn't the official translation. I've been trying to find a complete copy online but haven't been able to.

I just have a couple comments on a few of your questions:
    1) He says "Therefore, the Name-and-Form in the doctrine should be interpreted using the Dhamma language not the everyday language" but fails to explain what name and form means in the Dhamma language. So what is name and form?

I'm not sure where he says this but he does say that birth/death should not be understood in everyday language but in Dhamma language. What this means is the birth and death aspects of the overall self-concept. Therefore in the chain of D.O. things such as consciousness and name-and-form are tainted. So when ignorance is cut off, one is free of tainted consciousness, tainted name-and-form, rather than consciousness and name-and-form ceasing alltogether.

The difference between tainted and untainted is explored in vipassana meditation.

For your other questions, the above should clarify things a bit, but I would also suggest reading this Thread: http://newbuddhist.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3953

Dhamma Dhatu made some excellent posts in it which explain things very clearly. Post #48 gives a very good example of D.O. in everyday life.

http://www.what-buddha-taught.net/Books3/Payutto_Bhikkhu_Dependent_Origination.htm

This is an essay by Payutto Bhikkhu which also takes the "everyday" approach and gives examples as well.
    Personally I like Buddhadasa Bhikkhu’s explanation of a consciousness that arises and passes away thousand million times per second so that we “feel” there is a solid entity called a self whereas there is not. Perfectly explains why the Buddha said we are “non-self” and this is impermanent as in things arise and pass away. But I need answers for the above questions. Unfortunately Buddhadasa Bhikkhu has not addressed them in his text and maybe he has but I am too dumb I don't get it.

This is not Buddhadasa's explanation but the Buddha's explanation. Consciousness is only ever explained in such a way in the suttas.

In regards to rebirth, I would say it is simply irrelevant. The Buddha taught that the belief was not a factor to the path to Nibbana. From what I have read in the suttas it was just a moral teaching for those holding the prexisting belief.

According to Dhamma Dhatu, the authenticity of the sutta you quoted has been called into question and apparently came along much later than the others. The Buddha never spoke like this in all the other suttas on D.O. As well, according to Pali dictionaries, the word translated as "descend" should be understood as "develop." Still, this has little to do with how dukkha arises in our lives.

Basically, simply concern yourself with the here-and-now. That is all you can do, and when the here-and-now is dealt with, whatever may or may not happen after death will naturally take care of itself. :)
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Hey Carys thanks a lot for the reply :)

I had no idea this sutta came later than the others. That's quite a surprise.

I need to check out the full version of the Buddhadasa Bhikkhu’s text. Is it a book? I wouldn't mind buying it if he doesn't go on and on about the same thing in the whole book :D This short text is not enough; lacks some explanation in certain areas

Yep, I think your explanation of a "tainted consciousness" is acceptable. Cannot imagine a situation where consciousness ceases altogether when a person is still walking and talking. Besides ignorance should produce a tainted consciousness and right insight should produce the untainted consciousness. But that still doesn't answer my questions. Hope I will get some help from the links then.

As for the rebirth theory, I understand it is a "moral teaching" because he had used that concept almost everywhere to get people to "think good, do good, be good, follow the eight fold path" and was apparently addressing a society where the concept was so deep rooted so he simply couldn't ignore it altogether. But that still doesn't make it wrong. Yeah but then again that doesn't make it relevant either :lol:

Thanks a lot for the links. I will check them out and get back to you. Keep well
  • edited January 2010
    Be open, patient and compassionate. I think Deshy, I think thats what I ment... but my memory isn't the best.

Wejust have to be flexible, open and forgiving. Love love love. It's all about the journey not the destination. Don't suffer due to attachments and ignorance. Go with the flow. Let go and simply be. Meditate. Sit. Breathe. Be.
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited January 2010
    I actually had time to go through this thread only: http://newbuddhist.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3953

Apart from the endless debate most of which I couldn't read I went through the port 48 as you recommended. It is very good because it is given through an example but I still have questions.
    2. The underlying tendencies towards passion condition or trigger fabricators, that transport the underlying sensual passion to the mind-body. For ease, we can simply say formations.

Some example please? What exactly do you mean by fabricators
    4. Ignorant tainted consciousness conditions the mind-body.

What is body-mind?
    5. Ignorant tainted mind-body conditions the sense organs.

Need some explanation please. Where does this fit in with the same example

Thanks a lot :)
    edited January 2010
    Some example please? What exactly do you mean by fabricators? What is body-mind?
    Hi Deshy,

First I must explain the Pali and then be practical for the purpose of practise & insight.

In the Pali language, there are the terms kaya sankhara, vaci sankhara & citta sankhara. These terms appear in a few places, especially one significant place in the SN about meditation, which I will post later.

Most notably, these three terms appear in the Dependent Origination formula at the sankhara link. These terms also appear in the Anapanasati Sutta. These terms are explained in MN 44, which defines the kaya (body) sankhara as the breathing in & breathing out, the vaci (speech) sankhara as the applied thought & sustained thought (vitakka & vicara) and the citta (mind) sankhara as perception & feeling.

Step 4 of Anapanasati is calming the kaya sankhara or the breath. Step 7 & 8 of Anapanasati are experiencing & calming the citta sankhara (rapture & happiness). Step 3 of Anapanasati is not called experiencing the kaya sankhara but it could be. Instead, the Buddha called it "experiencing all bodies". The sutta states the breath is a body (kaya) and then there is the physical body. So step 3 of Anapanasati is experiencing the relationship between the breathing in & out and the physical body. The quality of the breathing in & out conditions or directly influences the quality of the physical body.

For example, if the breathing is long, refined & smooth, the physical body will be relaxed, comfortable & at ease. When the breathing is agitated, the physical body will be stressed.

Feeling & perception similarly condition the mind. Pleasant feeling conditions love, greed, lust, etc. Unpleasant feeling conditions anger, hatred, ill-will, aversion, etc. Neither feeling conditions confusion, worry, etc.

So the word sankhara means conditioner or fabricator rather than condition or formation.

The translators use the term bodily formation, verbal formation and mental formation, which is inaccurate.
    edited January 2010
    So returning to the Dependent Origination, in the clockwise direction, this is about the manifesting of suffering.

The sense organs in Dependent Origination refer to consciousness & the sense organs manifesting outwardly or under pressure (from ignorance & hindrances) to engage with external objects.

This is contrary to Dependent Origination in the anti-clockwise direction, when the sense organs shut down or are controlled and consciousness subsequently flows inwards, within the body & mind, rather than outwards, engaging in external objects.

When consciousness flows inwards, this is meditation. The objects of meditation, as defined in the Anapanasati Sutta, are the same as the sankhara in the Dependent Origination.

So when we start to meditate, there is inward agitation. Even if the mind develops right concentration, it can still feel agitation within the breath. This agitation within the breath comes from ignorance & its partner, the five hindrances.

When Anapanasati states calming the kaya sankhara or breathing, what is calmed is the subtle mental agitation or vibrations in the breathing. This subtle mental agitation in the breathing is from ignorance.

So, in the clockwise direction, where the mind does not have mindfulness, awareness & sense control, Dependent Origination manifests outwardly as follows:

ignorance > fabricators > consciousness > mind-body > sense organs > ignorant contact

To the contrary, where there is mindfulness, awareness & sense control, Dependent Cessation manifests inwardly as follows:

consciousness > sankhara > ignorance

Consciousness or bare unconditional awareness calms the agitation in the breathing (kaya sankhara), calms the subtle discursive thoughts (vaci sankhara) and calms the perceptions & feelings (citta sankhara). This is samatha.

Then during this process, as vipassana naturally occurs, ignorance can end.

Samatha quenches (nirodhas) the sankhara and vipassana quenches (nirodhas) the ignorance.

So the fabricators are the breathing in & out, subtle thought and perception & feeling. They are called fabricators because the quality of the breathing fabricates the quality of the physical body, the quality of the subtle thought fabricates the quality & occurance of speech and the quality of the perceptions & feeling fabricate the defiled mental states & gross thoughts of the mind.

Of course, to investigate & integrate these dhammas I have discussed requires some meditation.

Kind regards

:)
    edited January 2010
    The relevent suttas are as follows. Note: I have altered the translations slightly.
    "And what are fabricators? These three are fabricators: bodily fabricators, verbal fabricators, mental fabricators. These are called fabricators.

Paticca-samuppada-vibhanga Sutta: Analysis of Dependent Co-arising
    "Now, lady, what are fabricators?"

"These three fabricators, friend Visakha: bodily fabricator, verbal fabricator & mental fabricator."

"But what is the bodily fabricator? What is the verbal fabricator? What is the mental fabricator?"

"In-&-out breaths are the bodily fabricator. Directed thought & evaluation are the verbal fabricator. Perceptions & feelings are mental fabricators."

"But why are in-&-out breaths the bodily fabricator? Why are directed thought & evaluation verbal fabricator? Why are perceptions & feelings mental fabricator?"

"In-&-out breaths are bodily; these are things tied up with the body. That's why in-&-out breaths are the bodily fabricator. Having first directed one's thoughts and made an evaluation, one then breaks out into speech. That's why directed thought & evaluation are the verbal fabricator. Perceptions & feelings are mental; these are things tied up with the mind. That's why perceptions & feelings are mental fabricators."

Culavedalla Sutta: The Shorter Set of Questions-and-Answers
    "Dependent on eye & forms, eye-consciousness arises. The meeting of the three is contact. With contact as a requisite condition, there is feeling. What one feels, one perceives (labels in the mind). What one perceives, one thinks about. What one thinks about, one complicates.

Madhupindika Sutta: The Ball of Honey
    [3] He trains himself, 'I will breathe in experiencing all bodies I]sabbe kaya[/I. He trains himself, 'I will breathe out experiencing all bodies.' [4] He trains himself, 'I will breathe in calming the bodily fabricator.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe out calming the bodily fabricator.'

[7] He trains himself, 'I will breathe in experiencing the mental fabricator. He trains himself, 'I will breathe out experiencing experiencing the mental fabricator.' [8] He trains himself, 'I will breathe in calming experiencing the mental fabricator.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe out calming experiencing the mental fabricator.'

I tell you, monks, that this — the in-&-out breath — is classed as a body among bodies, which is why the monk on that occasion remains focused on the body in & of itself — ardent, alert & mindful — putting aside greed & distress with reference to the world.

Anapanasati Sutta: Mindfulness with Breathing

Note: Sabbe = all (not 'whole'). Sabbe, as in sabbe satta (all beings) or sabbe sankhara (all things).
    "There are these six calmings. When one has attained the first jhana, speech has been calmed. When one has attained the second jhana, directed thought & evaluation [vaci sanhkara] have been calmed. When one has attained the third jhana, rapture [citta sankhara] has been calmed. When one has attained the fourth jhana, in-and-out breathing [kaya sankhara] has been calmed. When one has attained the cessation of perception & feeling, perception & feeling [citta sankhara] have been calmed. When a monk's effluents have ended, passion has been calmed, aversion has been calmed, delusion [avicca] has been calmed."

Rahogata Sutta: Alone
    edited January 2010
    Sorry I haven't responded yet, Deshy. I am quite hosed. The crisis should be over by next Wednesday. Perhaps by then you'll be enlightened, and an extended response will be unnecessary. :)
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Sorry I haven't responded yet, Deshy. I am quite hosed. The crisis should be over by next Wednesday. Perhaps by then you'll be enlightened, and an extended response will be unnecessary. :)

Lol, don't worry Fivebells I am getting some good information from the others as well. I am also in a very tight schedule at work these days so I am yet to read DD's replies in detail. Should get some free time during this weekend hopefully. Thanks for your note. Take care and hope your situation will improve. :)

Blessings ...
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Thanks a lot for your replies DD. I will read them in detail and get back to you. I really appreciate your time and help :)

Take care and keep well. Blessings ...
    edited January 2010
    Let me know when you're around again, if you're still interested.
  • DeshyDeshy Veteran
    edited February 2010
    Hey Fivebells. I came back to the forum a few times but didn't have time to go through many of the threads. Sorry about that.

In fact I am still reading the suttas directed by DD and having questions as always. I will get back on the forum reagarding them when I am done with it and will post a new thread. In case these is something you need to add to that will really appreciate if you PM me. Keep well :)