Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Changing that light bulb

SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
edited August 2005 in General Banter
How many posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similiar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

4 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

9 to flame the spell checkers.

4 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"....

6 to condemn the previous 6 as anal-tetentive

2 industrial professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and
that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

2 more industry professionals to inform the first 17 that the correct term is "lumiere"

12 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb group

2 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum and light bulb group about changing lightbulbs be stopped

29 to defend the posting to a third group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to these groups

15 to debate which method of changing lightbulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

2 BNP members to argue that only english people can change a bulb.

7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the correct URLs

3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group, which therefore makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "me toos" to "me three"

1 Moderator to request posters not to quote posts in their entirety to save on bandwidth

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

3 to ask what is "FAQ"

20 to reply that "FAQ" is "Frequently Asked Questions"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

14 people to say that they weren't aware of the band width problem and promising never to do it again

7 to say "do a google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

4 to complain that chavs stole their light bulbs

1 to respond that their auntie two doors away had her light bulbs stolen too.

1 to say that a bus driver once broke one of their light bulbs.

1 to complain that the previous poster was being chavist

7 to say that as no chav is capable of using a PC, it doesn't matter

24 to say that the orginal post is a cut and paste from another forum and that the poster should have given credit to that other forum

1 Moderator to state that unless posters keep on topic the thread will be closed

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all

Comments

• feefee
    edited August 2005
    :D:D:D:D
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited August 2005
    I'm at least 50 of those posters myself! Just for your information: http://www.bergen.org/ECEMS/class/light.htm :)
  • edited August 2005
    That is so funny, Simon. I keep reading it and laughing harder each time!
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited August 2005
    ROFLMAO!

(I know what that means now....)
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited August 2005
    Elohim wrote:
    I'm at least 50 of those posters myself! Just for your information: http://www.bergen.org/ECEMS/class/light.htm :)

You just had to do it didn't you. LOL!
  • edited August 2005
    Excellent post, my friend!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2005
    ....What's a 'lightbulb'?......

My B/F is going to cut 'n' paste this post and put it into his forum. When I said that it's not right to do that, he replied, 'so sue me, you lot are already enlightened....'!!

LSMIFOMC!!

(Laughing So Much I've Fallen Off My Chair!!)

Absolutely Brill, Simon.... thanks for that!!
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2005
    It is not all my own work. We added to it like a game of Consequences until it reached critical mass.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2005
    ....Ah, now we reach the interesting part..... so when it reached critical mass, exploded and all the lights blew.... which poster actually changed the lightbulb.....?
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2005
    The board owner, of course, Fede!
  • edited August 2005
    I got this from "Hardcore Zen" by Brad Warner :

Q. How may Zen Buddhists does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. The plum tree in the garden!

Those crazy zennists !! :crazy: :confused:
    edited August 2005
    The board owner, of course, Fede!

aaaah, another lightbulb moment.... 'The lumière stops here' Brian....!!
  • edited August 2005
    Q: How many buddhists(sp) does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Two, one to change it and one not to change it.

:buck:

http://www.wilk4.com/humor/humorm321.htm