Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Female Buddhists needed! University Survey- please help!

edited February 2010 in Buddhism Today
*We are eager for any volunteers but female Buddhists are especially needed!*

Interested in sharing your opinions on spirituality?

For our university-based research study, we are looking for a variety of different people to tell us what they think about certain spiritual concepts. All responses are anonymous, and completing the survey only takes about 15 minutes. This research is being conducted through the Wittenberg University Psychology Department in Springfield, Ohio, U.S.A.

The survey can be accessed here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZHR9CMT

We would be very grateful for your participation. Please feel free to reply to this message with any questions, or to pass this message along to interested friends. Thanks very much!

Comments

• Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited January 2010
    I'll have a look at it ;)
    edited January 2010
    I enjoyed that, I love having my opinion known :)
  • upekkaupekka Veteran
    edited January 2010
    'female buddhists' "
    seems to me this is another concept which try to distorte our 'unenlightened minds'

he he he!!!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2010
    well, I did it, but I saw no reason for requesting female Buddhists participate any more than male ones....
  • FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Kinda sounds like it was written by a Christian, doncha think?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2010
    Oh, goodness, definitely.
    but I don't think they mean any harm.... they're probably relatively ignorant about it, but think they know some of the basics.....:D
  • FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran
    edited January 2010
    I now some very admirable Christians, who would make very fine Buddhists! It is unlikely that they will find enlightenment in this life ... but then it is just as unlikely that I myself will find enlightenment too! Certainly, they are setting strong imprints for compassion and non-materialism that will serve them well in their next rebirth.
    edited January 2010
    Maybe they needed some female opinion to see if they 'think' differently LOL and maybe mostly men are answering. I admire who ever writ it though because they're intrested to see how religions think :)
    Love & Peace
    Joe
  • edited January 2010
    Just finished the survey. :)
  • Quiet_witnessQuiet_witness Veteran
    edited January 2010
    I tried to answer it but the question were so poorly written I could only say no opinion for most of the questions.
  • edited January 2010
    Yeah, I have to agree. I had to reread several of the questions.
  • edited February 2010
    The questions were very difficult.

I had to really THINK before answering....
    (an activity I'm not ALL that good at)
    and most of my answers were "unsure".

When they asked for a description of the difference between spiritual, religious and superstitious....

I had to say that I think "spiritual" acknowledges the existence of alternate realities and/or perhaps spirits...

and that "religious" means to accept someone elses' idea about the nature of those alleged realities..and "superstitious" is pretty much the same thing.

But to be honest,
    if I catch myself acting in any of those ways,
    I try to smack myself
    and get over it.

To see the world with diamond clarity...
    one cannot afford such luxuries as
    "spirituality" or "religiousness" or "superstition"

In my humble opinion....
    $5 more in Canada...
    void where prohibited by law...

VL
    edited February 2010
    I love surveys LOL But some don't...