Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhist books

edited January 2010 in Buddhism Basics
I was just wondering, what are some good books to get on Buddhism?, I've recently read 'Introduction to Tibetan Buddhism' by John Powers, which was really good, but, I'd like to learn a bit more about all the different styles of Buddhism, as well as putting some things into practice.

I've seen 'The Complete Idiot's Guide to Buddhism' around, and was wondering, if that would be a good beginner book to get, or something else?.

Also, has anyone heard of or read these 2 Buddhist books:

'Blue Jean Buddha: Voices of Young Buddhists' by Sumi Loundon

'The Buddha's Apprentices: More Voices of Young Buddhists' by Sumi Loundon

I came across them online when I was just searching for stuff, and read a bit of it on the Google Books preview, they both seem quite good, and I like hearing the accounts of other young Buddhists and how they integrate it into their lives. Would you recommend them at all?.

Anyway, thanks for any help you can give me on this.

David.

Comments