Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ngakpa's

edited February 2010 in Philosophy
Here is an interesting article about the tradition of the Ngakpa or (white sangha) in Tibetan Buddhism.
The Ngakpa tradition is a path that has fostered generations of non-ordained teachers primarily in the Nyingma lineage but also in Sakya and Kagyu as well.
The path is an interesting and profound method for lay Buddhists to fully immerse themselves in practice and study while maintaining a beneficial connection to the social world.
Just thought some people might find it interesting.
Here is the link.

http://www.snowlionpub.com/pages/N76_1.html

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2010
    well this is weird... I click on your link, and I still get the Haiti news story.... I deleted the previous posts detailing the wrong link, but it seems - it's still the wrong link....!
    Help, Lincoln/Brian...??
  • edited February 2010
    federica wrote: »
    well this is weird... I click on your link, and I still get the Haiti news story.... I deleted the previous posts detailing the wrong link, but it seems - it's still the wrong link....!
    Help, Lincoln/Brian...??
    whoa, that is weird.
    its not important.
    if it doesnt work we can just close the thread and maybe I will try again some other time.
    no biggie.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2010
    If I delete the thread entirely, you can try again.
    I'd be interested.....
    Is that ok with you?
  • edited February 2010
    federica wrote: »
    If I delete the thread entirely, you can try again.
    I'd be interested.....
    Is that ok with you?

sure.
    thanks
  • edited February 2010
    If you just copy and and paste the link, youll get to the correct site.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited February 2010
    If you rest your cursor over the link, Shenpen, you can see the al jazeera link at the bottom of the browser (at least you can in Firefox), so you have the wrong link. Try this one instead to go there directly: http://tinyurl.com/ygz7zru (I substituted a magic incantation for the real link).

Ngakpas are heavy-duty practitioners. They're quite amazing.

Palzang
  • edited February 2010
    Palzang wrote: »
    If you rest your cursor over the link, Shenpen, you can see the al jazeera link at the bottom of the browser (at least you can in Firefox), so you have the wrong link. Try this one instead to go there directly: http://tinyurl.com/ygz7zru (I substituted a magic incantation for the real link).

Ngakpas are heavy-duty practitioners. They're quite amazing.

Palzang
    thanks Palzang.
    Your link is the right one.
  • NamelessRiverNamelessRiver Veteran
    edited February 2010
    That blue vase [or whatever it is] is beautiful, just beautiful. I want one. :^P
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited February 2010
    Actually it's a tea cup with a lid. You can probably get one at Pier One or some such place.

Palzang