Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Drowning in snow

2»

Comments

• Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited February 2010
    :lol:
    edited February 2010
    Palzang, I call her Fudgie the Budgie, or Fudge the Budge, I don't like keeping her in that cage though :(
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited February 2010
    That's why I never wanted a pet.

Palzang
  • edited February 2010
    My cat has no cage... He freaks when I put him in his carrier. Even though he loves small dark "dens".
    His name is Nebakanezer.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2010
    My cat has no cage... He freaks when I put him in his carrier. Even though he loves small dark "dens".
    His name is Nebakanezer.
    What a great name for a cat! Love it!
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited February 2010
    I almost names one of my cat's Muadib.
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    edited February 2010
    Palzang wrote: »
    I'm sure most everyone is aware of the "snowmaggedon" in DC and Maryland by now. We've got probably about 3 ft where I am. It's something! They say it's the biggest snowstorm ever here, and we'll probably break the record for most snowfall in a winter. It's hard to tell how much actually came down as it's drifting a lot, and it's very, very wet (to which I can attest, having just shoveled the sidewalk). It may be days before I can get to work! So far we've got power, but a lot of people don't. We lost power at the temple, which is bad enough for the people who are there, but it creates an emergency situation for our birds at the Garuda Aviary (macaws, cockatoos, big birds). Tropical birds + cold = BAD SITUATION! We have a generator, but it wouldn't start because it's battery was dead. But we finally dug through the snow to get to the building and were able to jump start it with a car battery. Now the birdies will stay warm. Those suffering in the cold and snow could use some prayer support.

Palzang

Yup, the snowmaggedon is bad everywhere in the northern parts of the world. Here in Europe the snow makes everything shut down. But the worst is in my country :sigh: . The mountains formed from the snows are starting to melt, and everything here , especially in the capital, Bucharest, is water. I mean the street here are somewhat like the Venice canals. The only difference is the depth of the water.
    Well, about the snow , the Russians are "very happy" with the snow. Recently I've seen o clip on youtube , with some russian guys , who jumped from the fifth floor of their block of flats in a really big pile of snow. So, I guess these guys don't regard this snowmaggedon as something bad :D:lol::lol:.
  • RenGalskapRenGalskap Veteran
    edited February 2010
    So, I guess these guys don't regard this snowmaggedon as something bad :D:lol::lol:.
    I'm pretty sure my niece did a victory dance when they announced that the schools were closed. :-)

Still shoveling snow. :-P
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited February 2010
    I'm always shoveling something but it's never snow. LOL It's nice and warm in CA today.
    edited February 2010
    RenGalskap wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure my niece did a victory dance when they announced that the schools were closed. :-)

Still shoveling snow. :-P

Well, the schools were closed for two days in my country :(. In this part of the world there is no such thing as school getting closed because of some snow :nonono:.

About the shoveling...My back is in continuous pain from that nasty...aaahm...nice activity :D. But today , I managed to finish shoveling the snow and the ice right after arriving home from school, but for the rest of the week , I will have lot and lots of water to shovel :lol: !
  • RenGalskapRenGalskap Veteran
    edited February 2010
    I will have lot and lots of water to shovel :lol: !
    OK, how do you shovel water? :-)
    edited February 2010
    RenGalskap wrote: »
    OK, how do you shovel water? :-)
    I know it sounds stupid, but in Romania , especially in my hometown Bucharest, those men working for street maintenance( spelling mistake??) were taking water by shovel..well a kind of shovel, which looks like a big square-shaped spoon...

And it sounds stupid because these people don't know that water pumps do exist. Or, even if they knew about the water pumps' existance, the authorities wouldn't have had the money to buy them...It's a common thing for the authorities here to dissapoint the man in the street by leaving him to deal alone with the situation.
    edited February 2010
    LOL. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Luckily nomore snow in England :)