Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Legends of Dune

comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
edited February 2010 in General Banter
Hi,

I just finished reading the Legends of Dune trilogy. I'd like to have a discussion with someone else who has read it. Anyone?

Comments

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited February 2010
    I've read them. I thought they were OK, but nowhere near as good as the original Dune series. Frank Herbert was a much better writer than his son or Kevin Anderson.
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited February 2010
    I agree Frank was better. His writing was special. I loved the trilogy. How did you feel at the end when Abulurd tried to stop Vorian?
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited February 2010
    I really liked both characters, and I thought it was an interesting twist, but what a clusterfuck! I mean, I understood the logic behind Vorian's decision, but ethically, I had to side with Abulurd even though what he did amounted to treason.

What really bothered, though, was how hard Vorian came down on Abulurd. They were so close and I hated seeing their relationship ruined, not to mention the fact that Xavier's name was never cleared.
    edited February 2010
    I think Vorian should have been more understanding. The real kicker was that none of them knew that Erasmus deactivated the Human Bridge and that it was never going to explode. If Abulurd would have just kept his mouth shut things would have been okay. I think things between them would have been stressed after Vor decided to go in anyway.
    edited February 2010
    AM I the only one who has read this besides Elohim? Come on people I really want to talk about this series. I'm on my knees. LOL
  • ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited February 2010
    Omg look at this NERD-FEST.

;D

What're the books about?
  • edited February 2010
    I've actually read all 3, but it's been a while, so I didn't feel that I could talk meaningfully about the details.

My favorites are still Frank's original first 3 books..followed by the next 3 of his.
    Have you read the "House" series by Brian/Kevin? I actually liked those a lot.
    edited February 2010
    They take places 8,000 years before the first Dune book and they are about the Butlerian Jihad and the origins of all the factions involved in Dune.
    edited February 2010
    I've actually read all 3, but it's been a while, so I didn't feel that I could talk meaningfully about the details.

My favorites are still Frank's original first 3 books..followed by the next 3 of his.
    Have you read the "House" series by Brian/Kevin? I actually liked those a lot.

I'm reading the House books next. I'm reading a few books in between so I don't get Duned out.
  • Floating_AbuFloating_Abu Veteran
    edited February 2010
    I read this ages ago, unfortunately cannot remember enough to have a discussion !
    edited February 2010
    ok go read it again and we'll wait. lol
  • Floating_AbuFloating_Abu Veteran
    edited February 2010
    hehe Don't hold your breath :D;)