Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Skiing Legend Lindsey Vonn has a cow

MagwangMagwang Veteran
edited February 2010 in General Banter
Lindsey Vonn is an American alpine ski racer and Olympic gold medalist. She is the first American woman to win back-to-back overall World Cup championships, doing so in 2008 and 2009. She has also won World Cup discipline championships in downhill (also back-to-back) and Super G (the first American woman to do so), as well as a gold medal at the 2010 Winter Olympics in downhill. With 31 World Cup wins in four disciplines (downhill, Super G, slalom and super combined) and two World Championship gold medals (plus two World Championship silver medals), she has become the most successful American woman skier in World Cup history.

...but this is what really makes me like her....

(from http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/redbulletin/lindsey-vonn-snow-queen-1657685.html)

Of all the trophies earned in Lindsey’s short career perhaps the most unusual is Olympe the cow. Originally intended as a promotional stunt, a Bart Simpsonesque moment of stubbornness saw Lindsey triumph in Val D’Isère and leave the French resort with an over-sized pet in tow. “They weren’t actually going to give me the cow. It was a big promotional deal with a cheese company, and after the podium ceremony it was a case of ‘OK, give us the cow back and we’ll write you a cheque.’ I didn’t want a cheque; I’d been given the cow! I wanted to keep the cow! It was confusing, mostly because they didn’t speak much English and I don’t speak French. When my coach worked it all out they were pretty excited when they realised I wanted to keep the cow, though I don’t think they’ve offered another as a prize – I guess they don’t want people taking their cows.”

vonn534.jpg