Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Invite to a temple stay - Philippines

edited March 2010 in Sanghas
Hi NewBuddhist forum members,

I am looking for individuals interested in a 4-month Temple Stay / Buddhist study program for meditation, the Mandarin language, vegetarian cooking and diet, gardening, chanting, and the monastic way of life.

The program is called "Fo Guang Shan Philippine Humanistic Academy of Life and Arts" and is open to 20-35 year-olds, single (no marital or parental obligations), preferably college graduate and emotionally/physically fit.

The first intake is scheduled April 1 - July 31, 2010 in the Philippines (starting in Bacolod Yuan Thong Temple and ending in Manila Mabuhay Temple). It will be under the supervision of Fo Guang Shan monastic order of the Chan (Zen) lineage of Ven. Hsing Yun.

The study program is FREE. But for non-Filipino students, travel to the Philippines and visa requirements will not be covered by the program. APPLICATIONS DEADLINE IS MARCH 15, 2010. For foreign applicants, the earlier you send the better.

For more details on the program, please visit:
http://bliabacolod.multiply.com/journal/item/5

Palms joined,
Ji Dao

PS This is my first post to the NewBuddhist forum, and pardon me if it was immediately a plug like this. I just thought the opportunity would be welcome to this community. And yes, the Philippines is not exactly the first country you will have in mind when thinking Buddhism (because it is 80% Catholic) but in fact it has a considerable population of Mahayana Buddhist practitioners. :)

Comments

• NiosNios Veteran
    edited February 2010
    I have visited the temple in Davao. :) I live in the UK though and really don't have the money to go back just yet.
  • edited March 2010
    jidao wrote: »
    Hi NewBuddhist forum members,

I am looking for individuals interested in a 4-month Temple Stay / Buddhist study program for meditation, the Mandarin language, vegetarian cooking and diet, gardening, chanting, and the monastic way of life.

The program is called "Fo Guang Shan Philippine Humanistic Academy of Life and Arts" and is open to 20-35 year-olds, single (no marital or parental obligations), preferably college graduate and emotionally/physically fit.

The first intake is scheduled April 1 - July 31, 2010 in the Philippines (starting in Bacolod Yuan Thong Temple and ending in Manila Mabuhay Temple). It will be under the supervision of Fo Guang Shan monastic order of the Chan (Zen) lineage of Ven. Hsing Yun.

The study program is FREE. But for non-Filipino students, travel to the Philippines and visa requirements will not be covered by the program. APPLICATIONS DEADLINE IS MARCH 15, 2010. For foreign applicants, the earlier you send the better.

For more details on the program, please visit:
    http://bliabacolod.multiply.com/journal/item/5

Palms joined,
    Ji Dao

PS This is my first post to the NewBuddhist forum, and pardon me if it was immediately a plug like this. I just thought the opportunity would be welcome to this community. And yes, the Philippines is not exactly the first country you will have in mind when thinking Buddhism (because it is 80% Catholic) but in fact it has a considerable population of Mahayana Buddhist practitioners. :)

This sounds amazing! If only I were 20-35...