Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I have said hello to Dominos

comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
edited September 2005 in Sanghas
Well I started work yesterday. I worked 6 hours last night and this morning when I awoke my back was killing me. I am not used to working n my feet for longer than an hour or 2. Today I worked 10 1/2 hours. My feet hurt and my back. I had these old shoes and one of them was messed up and now I have blisters on my right foot. My practice has come in handy today. I didn't give into a bad customer. I turned it into a positive and everyone was happy. Being that I was in severe pain towards the end of my shift I didn't complain once. I was limping around and everyone said they could see it on m face but I pushed through. Every once in a while I would breathe and give my mind a little clearing and then I pushed on. Well I made it and I borrowed some money from my dad to buy some new shoes. Things will get bettter. I will prevail. :buck:

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2005
    That's what I love about you Jason, you persevere.... S**t happens, and it comes in dribs & drabs or in one great big mess all at once, but you're like the little droplet of water on the stone... by and by, you get through it.
    I really do wish you all the best in your new job. The pain your body feels now, it will get used to, and you'll hopefully feel fitter and healthier. keep it up and good for you! :bigclap: :)
  • edited August 2005
    Comic, I'm glad you are doing all right. A good pair of shoes is esstential for every one. But as for the Blisters. May I suggest a good soak of the feet with some green tea and then apply a little Aloe vera to the blisters a couple of times a day. I know this helped my son get used to working on his feet at best buy.
    Hang in there, things will get better.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited August 2005
    Hopefully things will get easier for you. It's good to hear that you handled the situation so well though! :)
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited August 2005
    Thank you all. I went out this morning and bought some new shoes. Very supportive. The blisters were not as bad as I thought last night. I have been feeling tons better today.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2005
    (extra hot chillies for me, hold the anchovies....yech!!) :smilec:
    edited August 2005
    We don't even have anchovies. Thank goodness. I used to work at Little Caesars back in the late 90's and when we made a pizza with anchovies it made the whole store stink.
  • edited September 2005
    Hi Comic,

How are things going at Domino's this week? Do you like it? Sorry if I have missed this before, but what exactly is wrong with your back? My mom has serious back problems and has had three back surgeries, so I see how miserable she is, and I can only imagine how awful it must be for you!
    edited September 2005
    Things are going god thanks. I have two herniated discs inmy middle and lower back. I haven't been eating much since I got here so I think I am losing weight. Monday I goto the doctor and weigh in so wish me luck.
  • edited September 2005
    Good luck! Maybe your doctor will tell you that your back will heal if you quit eating meat. ;)
    edited September 2005
    Meat is the reason I can still walk.