Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Any Buddhists who would not mind being interviewed?

edited April 2010 in Buddhism Today
I posted this in Buddhism for Beginners, but I think this category may be more appropriate. <TABLE class=tborder id=post91532 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_91532 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid">Hey guys! I need to interview a Buddhist for my college class. If there is anyone willing to help out I would be very grateful. We can either do the interview via message or e-mail. The questions will mostly be basic (how did you come to your faith, what type of Buddhism do you practice, ect). I may ask for very GENERAL personal information (such as your first name, age, job, ect), but please do not feel obligated to answer, which goes for any of the questions. Also, there was some confusion on some of the other boards. This is NOT to belittle Buddhism in any way. It is to educate us students on different religions to stamp out ignorance and judgments. Thanks again!
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #c0c0c0 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0 1px solid">user_online.gifreport.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #c0c0c0 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls -->progress.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comments

• edited March 2010
    I'm probably not the most experienced person on the board. Scratch that. I'm definately not the most experienced. I only came into Buddhism within the past couple of years and have only begun considering myself a Buddhist within the past couple of months.

However, I would be happy to help. If the interview isn't good enough, I won't feel offended if you don't use it.

Moderator Edit:
    Please supply all personal information via PM only. Exposure of such information leaves the user vulnerable to contact from other possibly less desirable sources. I'm not censoring.
    I'm protecting. It's part of my job.

Thanks
    . :)

Post-moderator edit by poster: Thank you for looking out for us federica! ;)

Post-moderator edit #2: Just click on my name and then on "Send email to Stephen" and I'll get back to you ASAP...
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2010
    It's incredible... we've been inundated by requests from college students who al seem to be studying religions - including Buddhism - and all wanting answers on aspects of the practice.
    I'm sure we've had 5 or 6 in the last month alone....!

A swift skim through this forum will show you the diversity of responses to all manner of questions.
    What I would say is that interviewing just one person, will give you just one perspective.
    It won't be representative of Buddhist viewpoints in general.
    Because Buddhism expects the person to examine for themselves, and come to their own conclusions.
    Interview all you wish, and I wish you well, in that.
    But it's just going to be a completely one-dimensional report.
    I just thought you should consider that.....
    :)
  • edited March 2010
    Stephen- Thank you! I will message you and we can go from there.
    Federica- I agree with you completely, but for the assignment I may only interview one person. Well, I could interview several but I may only write about one.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited March 2010
    I'm down as long as it's not too long.
  • edited March 2010
    Thanks Jason, but Stephen and I completed the interview already.
    edited March 2010
    K, didn't know you needed only one.
  • edited March 2010
    To avoid starting a new thread, I thought I would post here. I also need to complete some interviews for a college class. Unlike Leah, I need to interview at least three people. The questions I have are probably really similar to hers, very basic and general about how you see and interact with Buddhism in your life.

Jason, are you still okay with answering some questions? Stephan, would you like/mind doing another interview?
    edited March 2010
    Sure, but no guarantees when I'll get around to answering them.
  • edited March 2010
    No problem.
  • edited March 2010
    Thank you Jason and Stephen. Is there anyone else who would be willing to answer about 10 questions?
  • ZenBadgerZenBadger Derbyshire, UK Veteran
    edited March 2010
    Can do if you are still needing a volunteer.
  • edited March 2010
    Me too.
  • edited March 2010
    Hi Leah,
    I'd be happy for you to interview me. Do get in touch jamie.khoo@kechara.com or jamie.khoo118@gmail.com

You can find out more information about me and the Buddhist organisation that i work for here first:
    http://kechara.com/features_view.php?p=50

And i've also just written a book about my experiences in a spiritual path in Dharma:
    http://kechara.com/kmp/publication_view.php?a=8&p=28

Looking forward to hearing from you :)
  • upekkaupekka Veteran
    edited April 2010
    me too
  • edited April 2010
    I'm up for it, sure.