Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just thinking

2»

Comments

• edited September 2005
    wait! Jen has another question! (I never stop do i?)

Do buddists belive in Karma? Like... if they do is it as, I don't know how to put it, in tense as like the Jains(sp) of Jainism do? I know that Buddists don't go around wearing masks so they don't breath in a bug and get bad karma? But how much of Karma is involved in being a Buddist?
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited September 2005
    Yes Buddhists believe in karma, and no not like the Jains.

Please see link for further information: http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/thanissaro/karma.html
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    edited February 2010
    Anita wrote: »
    Curious...

How does a Buddhist explain where we came from? Humans are reincarnated...we had to begin somewhere. Even as far as the different races...different skin tones..

Are animals reincarnated? (including insects)

How do you really deal with rude people? Honestly a true buddhist has to get mad sometimes.

We are not suppose to kill things, what about plants?

How do Buddhist deal with being in debt, and having poor relations with others such as Family and friends?

How do they deal with Depression?

Buddhist are calm people...but something has to tick them off. I guess it takes practice...right? But even Monk has to have something that bothers them..a pet peeve, and phobia..something..

I know we are suppose to lose attachment...but how can anyone not be attached to a child or a parent or any family..friends..

I'm so clueless..LoL

Sorry for all the questions...I think them up all the time..I'm sure I will have more. My thoughts are constantly brewing... :rolleyes: :scratch: :-/

1. There are many theories about where we came from, so pick the one you think it suits your own belief.

2. I think the animals with somewhat developed conciousness will reincarnate (the animal plane of existence is the karmic punishment for ignorant people).

3. Yeah, a buddhist has to get mad sometimes , but not when dealing with rude people. These kind of people will instinctively determine that you are weak (when you yell at them) and won't stop from their rudeness. The best advise is to be calm , and when you talk to them point out their weaknesses. An irritated enemy will lose the battle (Read Sun Tzu's Art of war)

4. Plants were made for our use, so killing them is nothing bad, unless you burn fields with the intention to starve people, start forest fires because you mistakenly dropped a cigarette on a dry leaf you didn't see, and start cutting trees down because they bring you money.

5. To get out of debt, you must tighten the belt. Save money, take an extra-job (an easy one), and don't borrow money from the moneylenders.
    About family, if they don't understand you even if you explain what the Daruma buddhism is all about, then don't bother with them. If you're an adult you have your own life, your own worries. This may sound like anti-family stuff , but that's the reality. But, when family needs you, you should be the first to give them help.

6. Depression(the emo kind of depression) comes when you are way too attached to a thing (called boyfriend/girlfriend, or other adolescent things). When you are way too attached, losing the thing is devastating. Well, Buddha taught that one being should free itself from these fetters and gain balance.

7. Everybody has a fear of something. I guess even the calmest buddhist monk has a phobia. But , when facing a phobia, the monk avoids it, by taking another direction, or simply try to live with it.

8. Simple. If you are attached to the members of your family, you are worried that something bad will happen to them. Teach them how to take care of themselves, and stop worrying about them.

Note : I'm an 18 year old kid , who doesn't really know what has written above :D.