Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Story of Stuff

edited March 2010 in Buddhism Today
Hello guys take a look at the video on this link. I found it pretty interesting and informative.

http://www.storyofstuff.com/

Give me some feedback.

Regards

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Thanks for the link Pedro. Very interesting how stuff gets to us. Maybe its for the best that [most] Buddhists aren't materialistic.
  • PaxPax
    edited March 2010
    I've never been a packrat, I always liked the freedom of being unencumbered by "stuff".

What is interesting is how our definition of "encumbered" changes as we age in western society. When you're college age you can move your minimal stuff to a new apartment in your car, then you start acquiring basic things for a home...like a couch, which you need at least a van or truck to move. Then you acquire a bed, then a table and chairs, then...

I live in a very small house (825 sq ft) and routinely purge excess items (I should never have acquired in the first place :D ).
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2010
    Love that avatar, Pax.

At first I thought it was a keyhole with blue light spilling out of it.