Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A Short Poem I Made When I Was Bored In Music

Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
edited April 2010 in Arts & Writings
Apple Pie

As the full moon rises in the darkening sky,
I ask for just one last bite, of sweet apple pie,
'Cos tomorrow morning, I'm gonna die,
So why? Why? Why?
Not just one last sweet bite, of apple pie.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    haha, awesome
  • GuyCGuyC Veteran
    edited March 2010
    Sounds like someone is suffering, what is the cause of suffering? craving!

Quite understandably though, apple pie is pretty delicious, I am going to eat some now...
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Suffering, craving, that's what I purposely woved into it a bit :) Thanks for the replys :D
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2010
    So when do we get the pie?

Palzang
    edited April 2010
    Adults :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2010
    I don't like it.
    edited April 2010
    That's a surprise! :D Why not?
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Actually if TheFound says he doesn't like it, I would take that as a compliment, Jellybean.

Palzang
  • aMattaMatt Veteran
    edited April 2010
    I bet its because you didn't specify between apple pie topping types... lattice, crumb, crunch, full... no wonder there is suffering!
  • edited April 2010
    yo know i just wrote a hilarious rhyme in reply, but it was offensive...

Just take things seriously, if you write arhyme while you are neglecting class or something it's going to be missing something, sure you may think it's deep or something ..I don't:eek:

when someone posts something like this I want it to BLOW my mind, I want to WANT to re-read it over and over. like dogen zenji shit...or eminem shit..

I think everyone will agree once is enough for this read..which is LESS than you are capable of.. take your time write something ULTRA DEEP and ZEN and shit...i'll look forward to telling u it's not good enough..:D
  • GuyCGuyC Veteran
    edited April 2010
    If you think Eminem's music is deep then what do you consider to be shallow?
    edited April 2010
    LOL, just LOL :crazy:
    edited April 2010
    Anyway, I didn't mean it to be Deep, it just came to me and I slapped the lable of 'suffering and craving' or whatever I said, on it :D
    edited April 2010
    And I wasn't neglecting class, I can multitask you know :p
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited April 2010
    The blunt dissonant mention of death in the poem reminds me of some things I have read in whimsical rhymes. It is kind of frightening like I should want someone to fuzz death all up like in hollywood. Not that this is insightful teaching for me on death it is just abrupt in a somewhat exciting way. Which we can relate to awakening like bam the damn bursts or the heirloom breaks. Sudden!
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Its also unexplained why he is so hungry for apple pie at death. Very silly a bit.
    edited April 2010
    Yah, I don't believe in rebirth but I've never really cared about Death, it's just Life LOL.