Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Arizona wildlife

MountainsMountains Veteran
edited March 2010 in General Banter
Hi all

I've just been spending a wonderful relaxing week with my sister in Arizona. She's a big hiker, so we went on several really nice hikes in the mountains around Tucson. They've had a lot of water this winter, so the wildflowers are spectacular. The weather is starting to warm up, so everyone (including me) who has been hibernating all winter is starting to come out into the warm sunshine. We were hiking in a beautiful place called King's Canyon west of Tucson a couple of days ago when we came upon this little guy sunning himself. We scared him as much as he scared us, and he slithered under a little bush and curled up to look at us. He's a western diamondback rattler, about 5 feet long. He had a beautiful set of rattles about six inches long that he shook once at us as a warning. Arizona is really beautiful - if you've never been I highly recommend it.

Mtns

Rattler.jpg.jpg

Comments