Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

weird smells

edited April 2010 in General Banter
lately in meditation, whenever i think of buddha, a very distinct smell arises, sometimes smelling like a perfumed foot, and sometimes like a crab, usually one of the two. this has happened at least (7) times in the past few days, and i'm not quite sure what the association means, has anyone had this before? :confused:

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Well yes but not in meditation and I am schizophrenic. But I know meditation can produce visual images while not being persistent in waking life ala a schizophrenic. So maybe so to with smells. Anyways I know smells are possible to hallucinate.
  • edited April 2010
    This is a normal occurence, Pietro. It's the "monkey mind" trying to pull you out of meditation. Just keep at it. You are heading towards your goal like a heat seeking missile. :thumbsup::D

Blessings to you,
    Nanimo :coffee:
  • edited April 2010
    i think i attained arahatship!!!
  • RenGalskapRenGalskap Veteran
    edited April 2010
    i think i attained arahatship!!!
    What does it smell like?
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited April 2010
    RenGalskap wrote: »
    What does it smell like?

lmao
  • edited April 2010
    What does it smell like?
    an unperfumed crab's foot
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Are you pulling our leg again, PP, or is there a point to this thread?
  • edited April 2010

Recently during meditation, a distinct smell arose.................

......it was some dogshit attached to my nearby trainers. :buck:

edited April 2010
    federica wrote: »
    Are you pulling our leg again, PP, or is there a point to this thread?
    The original post was made on April 1.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2010
    In that case, I take it that it's not a serious thread.
    In which case, I can now (that the joke is over) move it to a more suitable location.
    Because this is the Meditation forum Currently) and as such, intended for serious discussion on meditation.

Thanks! :)
  • edited April 2010
    The original post was made on April 1.
    I guess that explains the "perfumed foot" part.

I couldn't figure out why it was a foot specifically, if the perfume was what was causing the smell.

Like a perfumed foot smells distinctly different from, say, a perfumed knee. "Yeah, it smelled like a perfumed foot, you know that smell..."
    edited April 2010
    zendo wrote: »
    Like a perfumed foot smells distinctly different from, say, a perfumed knee. "Yeah, it smelled like a perfumed foot, you know that smell..."
    If you've been wearing boots all day, and you decide to perfume your feet instead of washing them... :-P