Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Assistance

edited April 2010 in General Banter
Hi.

Not sure if anyone can help me with this but I need to find, to see, handwritten the Pali for the three marks of existence; Annica, Dukkha, Anatta. I have been looking online and in books but I Cannot find the words handwritten only just shown in typeface like Times New Roman etc.

If anyone can write in Pali please let me know it would be a great help to I.

Thanks

Comments

• NiosNios Veteran
    edited April 2010
    I seriously doubt you'll find them handwritten on the internet. You'll have to go to either a museum or some other facility where they'd be kept. They'd most likely not be open to the public though.

Why'd you ask?
  • edited April 2010
    Firstly im just interested. These 3 words and their subsequent meanings have a imense depth and power, something that is sort of lost in their english translation. Seeing handwritting as well makes something more attractive and human rather than theseimpersonal machine like fonts.
    Secondly I am doing a project and I would like to write these 3 words at points without me just mimicking a very rigid inhuman font type. Might look a bit silly
  • NiosNios Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Oh right, I thought you wanted a tattoo or something :p

Well, you can always try these people http://www.palitext.com/ they might be able to point you in the right direction. :)

Nios.