Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

needs help from someone who knows Pali or Sanskrit

edited April 2010 in Arts & Writings
hello,

I need the help from someone who knows any of the languages to tell me how to write the phrase "this is transitory too". I have always had a hard time letting go of things, accepting that they end and that everything in life is ephemeral so I want to get a tattoo that reminds me that things are transitory in either one of those languages.

I also want to accompany the text with a lotus flower to remind myself that things that are transitory are also beautiful in their own way and that like a flower, i need to just let them be. I'll take suggestions for this too.

Thank you very much!

Marianty

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Does it make it seem more true or important to you to have your words, in your own tongue, need to be written in a different one? That seems to be a rather pointless attachment. I understand holding on to some terms that do not have perfect English translations, such as "dukkha", but otherwise... ;)
  • edited April 2010
    i agree with u, however there is an aesthetical aspect in tattoes and english nor spanish really make it. haha. that is why i want it in either pali or sanskrit
  • edited April 2010
    Would the Pali for "Impermanence" work? अनिच्चा