Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Transmetaphysical & Buddhism: Not Reconciliable

DhammaDhatuDhammaDhatu Veteran
edited April 2010 in Faith & Religion
:lol:

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I see what you did there :P Maybe transmeta is just still clinging to some views, thats okay, they will overcome them. Or maybe transmeta is on to something that works for him, who knows, I guess only he does. Ajahn Chah said one of the biggest problems he had with new students was their opinions about Buddhism and life; they[opinions and views] acted as barriers that prevented understanding. It seems like transmetaphysical has quite a few opinions about things in the other thread:P but hey, if it works for him, it's all good. :)

Personally, I know that I had a lot of opinions about things, barriers that prevented me from understanding (and still do, im sure!) It always helps me to keep an open mind. Ajahn Chah also said that it is not very beneficial to look at what others are doing and judge what you perceive to be their practice or compare it to your own. It's all about looking inward. It seems from an outsider looking in that Transmeta is trying to judge the path of others who choose the Christian Buddhist way, but maybe Transmeta is on his own path, and he may find that his current ideas and opinions are unfruitful one day, or he may find some sort of liberation through them. Thats only for him to know or find out though:P
  • edited April 2010
    I was a Christian for 17 years and am now a Buddhist. I am not clinging to ideas projected by the mind. I know from experience.
  • edited April 2010
    I was a Christian for 17 years and am now a Buddhist. I am not clinging to ideas projected by the mind. I know from experience.

Okay :)
  • RenGalskapRenGalskap Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Since this thread is devoted to Transmetaphysical, I assume that this is the place to welcome him to the forum.

Therefore, welcome. So far you've shown a knack for starting threads that attract a lot of posts. That's a good thing. You also seem to be very interested in finding out what Nirvana is. You share that interest with the Buddha, who tried a couple of dead ends but eventually found a path that got him there. So all in all, you seem like a good addition to any Buddhist discussion forum. :-)
  • aMattaMatt Veteran
    edited April 2010
    I am not clinging to ideas projected by the mind.

I know from experience.

You are disproving the former assertion by stating the latter! Think about it :)

With warmth,

Matt
  • DhammaDhatuDhammaDhatu Veteran
    edited April 2010
    RenGalskap wrote: »
    Since this thread is devoted to Transmetaphysical, I assume that this is the place to welcome him to the forum.

You share that interest with the Buddha, who tried a couple of dead ends but eventually found a path that got him there.
    Friend RG. Well spoken words. Sadhu!

My warm welcome to our friend Transmetaphysical.

May all beings find liberation.

Buddha-Dhamma, the best of gifts.

:)
  • FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Yes, welcome Transmetaphysical. Whether or not we agree with your words, your thoughts are welcome here.
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

I look forward to more discussion here.