Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thank you America!

ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
edited September 2005 in Buddhism Today
OK here's to all the American Buddhists... Three cheers!

Before Buddhism started to become popular in America, Asia was practicing very very "schooled" versions of Buddhism... The only teaching that was common between every school was the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path... After America took Buddhism nicely, and spread it back to Asia, I found this version very appealing, and combined it with various aspects of other schools. Thank you, Americans. Without you all I wouldn't be here. I'd have been one ass of a 14-year and 362 days-old... Yes, my birthday comes this Friday (GMT +0800)!

Comments

• edited September 2005
    You're welcome ;) Thanks to all the Asian Buddhists, though, who have been involved in the creation, maintenance, and expansion of Buddhist thought there - without which American Buddhism would not even exist.
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited September 2005
    You are welcome. I didn't know we had such an impact.