Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A clear morning for me, spontaneos thoughts

TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existenceSamsara Veteran
edited April 2010 in Arts & Writings
I woke up this morning
Another day to follw the eight fold path.
Another chance at liberation.
Another day to love my family, my wife and my children.
Another day to hear the wind blow, watch the creek flow and yes watch my wife's garden grow.
Another day to bring skill and compassion into my work.
Another day to just be.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Reminds me of that little "wow I'm doing real good!" piece of prose...

I am so fortunate!
    So far, I have done really well, this day!
    I have neither hurt nor harmed anyone, and have been kind to all...
    I have not taken anything not belonging to me, and have left that which belongs to others, well alone...
    I have not flirted or flaunted, but remained modest and proper, and maintained my sensual dignity...
    I have not sworn, lied, gossiped nor taken anybody's good name in vain or besmirched their character....
    I haven't drunk a quart of wine, three pints of beer or a double scotch on rye with a rum chaser.... neither have i touched those cigarettes, nor smoked that dope...
    Mighty fine all in all, mighty fine.
    Only now comes the crunch
    I must get up and out of bed.... it's getting late!
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    edited April 2010
    frederica I am not feeling "wow I'm doing real good!"
    Merely an expression of my appreciation.
    Yours in the Dharma,
    Todd
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2010
    I know. But you should.
    the opportunity to practice the dhamma is a glorious one, and one which is given to us every day.
    The little piece I posted, shows just how challenging it can be, 24/7!

It was supposed to be light-hearted....amusing.
    Buddhism doesn't ban giggling....
    I do it all the time, you know.

It stops me taking myself too seriously. :)
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Frederica,
    I am still a young tender buddhist:) I need to not take myself so seriously.
    Your in the Dharma,
    Todd